Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Quicken Won’t Open Issue
Quickbooks and Quicken both are most prominent applications to handle finances however both come with bugs and errors too, Quickbooks being a business application has a lot of tools to fix common errors like Quickbooks won’t open or file issues through the Quickbooks tool hub and Quickbooks file doctor and the list tools for Quickbooks is really long however quicken is a cheap and convenient option for personal finance and small businesses and being cheap intuit have not given much attention to it.
Every time Quicken has a bug we need to do step-by-step manual troubleshooting and this time we are troubleshooting how to fix quicken won’t open error.
After Installing or Updating the Quicken software, there might be cases where you might encounter Quicken won’t open error. After Updating Quicken accounting software to the latest release, you might need to make some changes in the configuration of the system to make it compatible. Hence it is required to take proper measures in order to fix this issue.
After updating the Quicken software, you will be needed to activate the Quicken software. You have to log in to your Quicken account to activate it. In case you have forgotten your Login credentials then follow the steps given below to retrieve your login credentials.
- Go to the Official Website of Quicken and then click on the login option.
- After this choose the “Forgot my password” option.
- Provide your Quicken ID and click on the submit button.
- You will receive a 6-digit code on your registered email or mobile number.
- Enter the 6-digit codes to verify and then enter your new password.
Steps to Resolve “Quicken Won’t Open Issue”
In case, you have encountered Quicken won’t open issue then don’t panic. There are various ways available through which you can troubleshoot this error easily. The Quicken won’t open issue generally occurs due to incomplete or interrupted installation that can be troubleshot easily by performing a clean installation of the Quicken software. Sometimes, it may also occur due to a configuration issue with your OS or due to any kind of malicious file or program. Hence, it is advisable to delete junk files and program from your device to avoid these kinds of issues.
Below we have mentioned some of the troubleshooting methods to fix this error easily. If you have got this issue then you can follow these steps.
Step: 1 Shut-down your Computer
In case you are not able to access your Quicken account then try restarting your device to start everything from the beginning. Follow these steps to restart your device.
- Close all the running programs on your device.
- Click on the start menu and click on Restart.
Step: 2 Update Patch Re-installation
In case, the above methods don’t work then you can try the following method to troubleshoot the error. Download and install the latest patch to fix the issue.
- Open the Quicken software and go to the help menu.
- Click on the check for update option to check if there is any update available.
- If you want to install the update manually then you can follow these steps:
- Go to the official website and search for a Quicken patch.
- Now provide the version of your Quicken software and click on the download link.
- Click on the “Mono patch” link and then install it on your device.
- After that installation process, restart your device.
Step: 3 Try opening Quicken Software
Sometimes, you might get this issue because of the corrupted or damaged data files in the Quicken software. Hence, You can try opening the Quicken software without using the Company file. You can follow these steps to use the Quicken software.
- While holding the CTRL+Shift key and double-click on the icon of Quicken software on the desktop.
- Hold the Pressed key until a black screen will appear on your desktop screen.
- In case, the black screen appears then the issue is with the data file in Quicken.
- So you have to validate the file.
- Click on the file menu and then choose the Operations.
- Now click on the validate and repair option.
- Finally, click on the Validate option and Ok to save the changes.
Step: 4 Temporarily Disable Firewall and Anti-virus
The Quicken won’t open issue can also occur because of the functioning of the Anti-malware software. This software can sometimes block the Quicken software to communicate with its server and it can cause this issue. In Case, you are getting this issue then you can try fixing this issue by disabling the Anti-malware program temporarily. After disabling the Anti-malware program, try logging into Quicken softwaer. If the error is resolved then activate the Anti-malware program again.
Step: 5 Re-install Quicken Software
If you have tried all the mentioned methods above and you are still not able to resolve this issue then try re-installing the Quicken software. You can follow these steps to uninstall and install the Quicken software.
- Simply right-click on the Quicken software and click on the uninstall option.
- If you are getting any installation issues then you can use the QcleanUI tool to fix those issues.
- Now re-install the Quicken software and make sure to disable the firewall and anti-malware programs.
- After re-installing the Quicken software, enable or activate the anti-malware program.
So if you have encountered this Quicken won’t open error then you can troubleshoot this issue by following the steps mentioned above. Make sure to update Quicken to the latest release if you are using outdated quicken software. In case, you need any kind of assistance then feel free to contact the experts at Quicken.