Quicken is just one among many accounting software used in tracking some finances. Quicken error OL-220-a is a banking error that occurs when the software becomes unable to read the information passed on from the bank. It implies that the information has been erased. Therefore, it becomes quite important to update details in Quicken to exchange information between the financial institution and the software.
These kinds of error are frustrating as it relates to the bank. Many businesses solely depend on financial institutions for further tasks. When the error appears, it ultimately blocks the user to access the bank. That, in turn, can become quite problematic for some users. But, luckily, we have the solutions to get rid of this agitated situation. With the help of the article, we will make you aware of all the possible solutions through which you can demolish the error.
If you want to make yourself aware of the troubleshooting solutions then read below the full guide as conducting solutions would not work until you have the proper knowledge. Now, let’s start the topic by including some main causes that bring the error into the system.
Some of the Main Causes of Quicken Error OL-220-A
Quicken software usually gets corrupted with this error due to some reasons. Let’s see below a list of all possible causes of Quicken OL 220 a error.
- If the user downloads the corrupted Quicken application.
- Forget to complete the whole installation process.
- Due to some virus or malware attack.
- The user can also encounter the error when the Quicken records become damaged.
These pointers will help in performing the correct troubleshooting. So, it would be recommended to take note of the most relevant section.
Signs & Symptoms to Diagnose the Error
Through this list, the user will get to know some signs that will help the user in identifying the error issue. So, let’s understand what they are.
- Frequents crashes of Quicken software.
- ‘OL-220-a error downloading fidelity transactions to Quicken’ appears on the screen.
- Suddenly the system has frozen.
- Your computer crashes down within some seconds during working on the software.
- Another sign is the slow performance of the PC.
Now that we understand what the error is, what causes this error, and signs to identify the error. It’s time for us to learn the troubleshooting solutions to eradicate the issue. So, let’s proceed further and learn a little more about the error issue.
Solutions to Remove Quicken OL 220 A Error: Proven Methods
It would be best if you perform every solution as the cause bring the error can be anything. So, try to conduct the operation till the error resolves.
Solution One: Install the Latest Release of Quicken
- Try to access Quicken in the first place.
- Then, navigate to the Help menu and click check for updates.
- Moving on, you need to hit the Yes button if an update is available.
- Now press the OK button if the software is already up to date.
- If the problem still appears then proceed with step two.
Solution Two: Spot the Account that is Notifying Error Codes
- In the first place, you need to first open Quicken.
- Navigate to Tools and then move on to One Step Update Summary.
- Next, verify every account with this OL error is presented.
- Just note down the error codes in notepad, word pad or any place on the desktop.
- Now, move to every account that is showing OL errors.
- Moving on, tap on the gear icon that you will see at the right-hand corner.
- In the last step, just click on the Update Now option.
- Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Alt + U from the keyboard.
Solution Third: Try to Deactivate/Reactivate the Account with Error OL-220-a
- The first and foremost thing that the user needs to do is to navigate to Tools and tap on Account List.
- Then, click on Edit for the accounts that are showing Quicken error OL-220-a and and Quicken Cloud Sync Error.
- Next, tap on Online Services tap and also choose Deactivate.
- Once done with all these, hit the Yes tab to confirm.
- Finally, hit OK and tap on Done.
Now follow some more steps given below to ensure that the Quicken data file is safe and secure.
- To begin, go to the File and choose File Operations.
- Now, select Validate and Repair.
- After that, you will see a checkbox near Validate File, mark that box, and hit the OK button.
- If the validation process is completed, you become able to access the DATA_LOG file.
- Proceed towards the tools and then select Go to Accounts Lists (Ctrl + A).
- Tap on the edit option for the account getting Quicken OL 220 a error.
- Just select the Online Services tab.
- Moving on, choose the Set Up Now option.
- Consequently, try to enter your financial institution’s user name and password.
- In the next step, hit the Connect button.
- Make sure that you link your account rather than adding it.
Solution Four: Uninstall & Reinstall Quicken
- Start the process by pressing Windows + R button together from the keyboard.
- Now, tap on the Start menu and select Run.
- After that, you need to type appwiz.cpl in the search box. ‘
- Later on, the program and features tab will open.
- Try to spot Quicken and tap on it.
- Next, select the Uninstall option from the top.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to uninstall the program.
- Finally, you can use the CD or navigate to Quicken’s official website to download and install the application.
In the above guide, we have provided all the possible causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting solutions for Quicken OL 220 a error. We hope that you like this article and the error is resolved. But, if the error still persists and you are looking more for the information then don’t forget to keep in touch with certified experts of the Quicken support team.