Quicken accounting software is trusted and suggested by numerous accounting professionals as it handles business tasks in an efficient manner and error-free. Its main feature is that it enables you to download the bank transaction details directly from the bank to the Quicken account. This is when most of the users encounter Quicken Error cc-508 which means the software is throwing an error while downloading transaction details.
You also encounter this nagging error when there is a server issue in the bank or it is updating your information. In any business, transactions are super important for daily operations, so, if you encounter any problem associated with the bank then it will impact your business badly. This is why fixing this troublesome error the moment you identify it is important.
This informative post contains all about Quicken Error CC-508, the factors behind it, how it affects your business, and the best troubleshooting techniques.
Factors Behind Quicken Error Code CC-508
Quicken cc-508 error just does not appear randomly. Many circumstances give birth to it. It is important to explore the causes before applying the fixation steps to understand why the error took place. By learning the root source of an issue, you can easily apply the correct solutions. Let’s explore the causes:
- You are using an old/outdated Quicken.
- Internet temporary files are accumulated over a long time in your system.
- Issues with the Quicken files also cause Quicken Error CC-508 and Quicken Error cc 503.
- You need to verify your bank credentials if they are valid or not.
- You have not refreshed online account details etc.
Fixation Steps to Repair Error CC 508 Quicken
This error is irritating but at the same time is fixable. This informative article includes the best troubleshooting methods to get rid of this issue on your own. Let’s read all the steps one by one.
Solution 1: Checking for the Latest Updates
- First of all, open Quicken.
- Navigate to “Help”.
- Now tap on the option “Check for Updates”.
- If you have already updated your software, then you won’t see any updates on the screen. Or else, you will receive a warning message to install the newest version.
- Just tap on “Yes” to start the process of install.
- The install will be finished in a few minutes, do not worry, your pending work will get saved. You can resume your remaining work after completing the install process.
This is an effective troubleshooting technique to solve this issue, on the off chance, if you still are bothered by Quicken Error CC-508, then move to the second advanced solution.
Solution 2: Refreshing The Account Information Online
After installing the newest release of Quicken, you need to refresh the bank account information as well. You need to verify if you can log into the bank or not. After that, follow the steps mentioned below to refresh the account.
- The first task to do is clicking on the bank account.
- After that tap on the option“Update Now”, you can hold ctrl+ alt+ U on your keyboard to Update now.
- Then, you need to enter the credentials to log in.
- Now, tap on “Update Now”.
- After updating your account, repeat the similar steps to update every account having a cc-508 Quicken error.
Solution 3: Reactivating The Account After Deactivating It
- First of all, navigate to Tools.
- After that reach out to the “Account List”. You can also hold Ctrl+A to get there.
- Then, tap on “Edit” for the particular account showing Quicken Error cc-508.
- Choose “Online Services.”
- Now, tap on “Deactivate” and hit “Yes”.
- At last, click on “OK”.
Now, we have to follow some steps to confirm that our Quicken files are secured.
- Firstly, navigate to “File”.
- Then reach out to “File Operations”.
- Now go to “Validate and Repair”.
- Then “Validate File”.
- Hit “OK.”
- If prompted to save all transactions, then tap on “Yes”.
- After that, the software will start the validation process. (Note: The process will take time according to the size of the Quicken file.)
- After completing the Validation, you will receive a “DATA_LOG notepad” expressing the condition of your Quicken file.
- In case, you see no error in DATA_LOG, then move forward to the process of reactivating your account.
Reactivate the Account
- First of all, navigate to Tools.
- After that reach out to the “Account List”. You can also hold “Ctrl+A” to get there.
- Now, tap on “Edit” for that certain account encountering error.
- Choose “Online Services” after that hit “Set up Now”.
- Then, you will be asked about your bank credentials. (Username and password). Enter the information.
- Tap on “Save”.
- After that click “Connect”.
- While performing this step, Quicken software can pull up the bank details, so, you have to LINK it not add it again.
- Tap on “Next” and “Finish” respectively.
Solution 4: Delete Junk Files and Internet History
Junk files are stored in your system every time you use your computer and surf. It gets accumulated over time and becomes large. It then starts affecting your system’s performance and gives birth to several errors. So, you must delete junk files from time to time. Make sure to exit from Quicken before following this technique.
- First of all, hold “Windows+R”.
- After that, write “Control” in the vacant run box. Tap on “OK”.
- Navigate to the “Network and Internet” option.
- After that select “Internet Options”.
- Hit “Delete”.
- Now, mark “Temporary Internet Files”.
- Hit “Delete”.
- After performing the above steps, visit your bank website and provide additional details, if prompted.
- In the end, open Quicken and attempt to update your accounts.
To Wrap Up
We hope that these troubleshooting techniques to fix Quicken Error cc-508 helped you. These methods are the most effective and less time-consuming. You just have to follow the steps in chronology.
Also, if you need any kind of additional assistance then it is best to contact Quicken Support via their Toll-Free Number. There is a team of experts who are highly skilled in solving any query related to Quicken.
With this, we believe it is time to conclude this informative write-up. You can share your valuable thoughts and tips in the comment section to motivate us and other readers.