The Quickbooks is no doubt getting the best of reviews for its outstanding services. But, at the same time, we encounter several kinds of errors in the software that in a way decrease enthusiasm among the users to use it. In this guide, we are going to learn about one such Quickbooks web connector error. So, if you are also encountering the issue then just read the guide below and resolve it as soon as possible.
Well, we are always here to console you and help you out with these kinds of errors so knock on the site whenever you feel. We have tried to answer every question related to several errors. So, don’t forget to bookmark the site for future help. Coming back to the article, you don’t need to be all panicked and tensioned as our main aim for preparing this guide is to help you out. So, let’s start the guide and learn a lot more about the Quickbooks web connector error.
Quickbooks Web Connector
Quickbooks Web Connection is an application that enables qbXML and qbposXML to communicate between a Web-based application and Quickbooks as well as Point of Sale software. Ensure to not open the firewall ports as communication of all sorts is proceeded by the Web Connector running on the same system as Quickbooks.
Quickbooks Web Connector Log File Error
Quickbooks web connector error occurs at the time of logging into Quickbooks and trying to access the Quickbooks enterprise solution which is already opened by someone else. The error indicates that it is a log file .QBwebconnector issue. Though the error is critical, you can resolve it easily with the solutions given below. There can be various errors when you open the Quickbooks enterprise solutions. Look at the list below to know about other issues related to the QBwebconnector file.
- Quickbooks are accessed without writing to the log file.
- The user becomes unable to write to the log file.
- Quickbooks web connector will continue without the log file.
- The web connector performs the functions without using the log file.
Major Causes of the Error
Get into the pointers below to know all the relevant sources that arise this kind of issue into the system.
- Web connector program contains the file named QBWXLOG.TXT. If the user becomes unable to access it then leads to an error issue.
- The next reason could be the damage and loss of the QBWCLOG.TXT.
So, these are the main causes of the Quickbooks web connector error codes. Knowing them would help you in the future. At present, we will try to root out each cause by conducting troubleshooting. But before moving ahead, it’s time to know the symptoms of the error.
Signs of Web Connector Quickbooks Error
Detect the error issue with those common symptoms and signs that continuously arise in the system till the error gets resolved.
- When the software freezes regularly.
- The user is unable to get any response from Windows.
- If the Quickbooks is functioning inappropriately then again you may face the error.
- Also, the web connector fails to do its functions properly.
If your system is showing any of these signs then it must indicate the error. Therefore, you require to perform troubleshooting. But, how you can do it let’s check it out in the next section.
Fix Quickbooks web connector log file Error with these solutions
Now that we get a brief understanding of Quickbooks Web Connector, it’s time to move into the solutions to get rid of the error in a minimal time. Before proceeding just keep in mind to use every procedure carefully till you resolve the error. If the first solution would work for you then don’t jump to the next solution. Now, let’s conduct the troubleshooting operation.
Solution 1: Rename the QWCLOG.TXT file
- Begin the process by opening the taskbar and then right-click on the Quickbooks web connector icon.
- Then, tap on the exit option and open Windows file manager.
- In the next step, you need to visit the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log folder.
- After that, right-click on the QWCLOG.TXT file and then choose the rename option.
- Moving on, modify the name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and press the save button.
- Consequently, the user is required to reopen the web connector program.
- In the final step, try to reboot the system and then reopen the Quickbooks and your 3rd application.
Solution 2: Remove Web Connector from the Startup Menu
If you do not connect the software with 3rd programs. Then, just simply remove the web connector from the start menu with the following steps:
- The first thing that you need to do is to log in on the computer as a Windows administrator.
- Then, move to the following command C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- After that delete the Quickbooks Web Connector file.
- Finally, reboot the computer system and try to access Quickbooks.
Also Read, Ways to Resolve Quickbooks Script Error
Solution 3: Manually Resolve the Problem
Now, let’s get into the third solution if any of the above procedures would not work. With the steps below, you can get an idea of how to do it.
- Initiate the process by tapping Windows + R button simultaneously.
- Now run window will appear on the screen.
- In the next step, you need to type MSConfig followed by hitting the OK button.
- Moving ahead, tap on the Startup tab.
- Then, search marks the checkbox for Quickbooks web connector.
- Consequently, press the apply option followed by hitting the OK button.
- In the final part, restart the computer and also verify if the Quickbooks web connector error gets rectified or not.
We have provided the easiest solutions that would surely resolve the error issue. Yet the error is not fixed then take further help from the Quickbooks technical support team. The team owns a pool of advisors and certified professionals who have an inside-out knowledge of Quickbooks web connector errors. So, give them a call and ask for professional advice.