Something cannot be replaced so is the Quickbooks. It has been designed to help the needs of small entrepreneurs. But, sometimes the users bind to scratch their head because of its prone nature towards the error. One such error that can leave you disturbed and disillusioned is the Quickbooks script error. The error is not as tricky as you thought since it does not harm the company file and data stored in it.
This issue can arise due to a plethora of different reasons which we will discuss in the later sections. The thing that we need to learn first is what exactly is this error. But, before dive in, we would like to move your focus towards other Quickbooks errors that we have covered on our site. Whenever you will feel helpless by seeing any of the software-related issues then just come to this place and resolve all your queries. Now, let’s get into the article and know a little brief about Quickbooks script errors.
What is a Script Error in Quickbooks?
Quickbooks script error indicates that the software is having issues with scripting. The user receives it at the time of accessing the company file. The part that horrifies a user the most is that it shows no cause of its occurrence. That makes her unique and different as compared to other errors. Not only this but the error message also gives no explanation about the issue.
Well, there are some common factors responsible for its arrival. You can check them out in the next section to get a better understanding of the error issue.
Factors that trigger Script error Quickbooks
The error may arise due to several factors. You need to read the list below to know each of them.
- When the user is trying to import data from a non-existing account.
- Another reason behind the occurrence of the error is the corrupted window user.
- If there is an active.X component then ready for this kind of hindrance.
- Using the account name and number that are previously used.
- If the user imports an invoice that shows changed account details from assets or accounts.
- Quickbooks script error line 299 can also arise if there is a malware infection in the system.
- Also, when the script debugging feature is enabled.
- Attempt to import data from a nonexisting account.
The user needs to ensure that the settings of the Internet Explorer are most significant in rectifying the script error Quickbooks. Quickbooks by default uses Internet explorer when you try to access a web page from the software. You can get a message of “A Problem has taken place in the script of this page” as the web page denies the user to access it.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Quickbooks Script Error
After learning all those unknown facts about the error. The time comes when we should start the fixations guide. You don’t require to scratch your head as we are now moving into the troubleshooting methods to fix the Quickbooks script error.
Method 1: Disable Notifications for Quickbooks Script Error
The user needs to turn off notifications for Quickbooks script errors before proceeding towards the other troubleshooting methods. Get into the steps below to learn how to do this.
- We need to access Internet Explorer in the first place.
- Then, move to the tools.
- Now choose Internet options and move ahead to the advanced tab.
- In the next step, you require to tap on the option to clear the display a notification about all script errors.
- In the last, just hit OK to save all the changes.
Once done with these steps, check the status of the error and jump only to the next solution if it is not resolved.
Method 2: Disable the Add-ons in the Internet Explorer
- To initiate, choose the Internet options under the Tools hub in the Internet Explorer.
- Then tap on the Manage add-ons in the programs tab.
- After applying these two steps, you need to select the add-on option and then tap on disable add-on performance notifications tab.
- Now just hit OK and exit the Internet Explorer.
Method 3: Clear Cache Data Folder of Microsoft IE or the Default Browser
- Start the procedure by opening Internet explorer.
- Now just choose the tools options.
- Moving on, tap on the Internet options and select the general tab.
- Just click on the delete option under the browsing history.
- After that, you need to checkmark the options such as cookies and website data, history & temporary internet files.
- In the end part, just hit the apply followed by clicking the OK tab.
Method 4: Add Intuit as a trusted site
This is another method that you can try to resolve the issue. To add Intuit as a trusted site, follow the steps below.
- To begin, choose the gear icon in Internet Explorer.
- Now, move to the tools section on the IE browser and tap on the Security tab.
- Just select the trusted sites and also hit the sites tab.
- After that, just enter the http://*.intuit.com and then select the add tab under the Add this website to the zone field.
- Once done the procedure, try to carry out the steps for https://*.quickbooks.com
- Click on the close button now and get out of the trusted site’s window.
- Choose the custom level and scroll down to miscellaneous.
- Moving on, select enable and hit the OK button under the allow cross-domain requests.
- Then, hit apply and OK tabs to close the internet options window.
- In the last section, just reboot the internet explorer and apply changes.
Method 5: Reset the default browser to the Internet Explorer
- The user needs to open the Internet Explorer to reset the default browser like IE.
- After that, move to the tools.
- In the next step, just select the Internet options.
- Now select the advanced tab. ‘
- Choose the reset to default options and hit the apply button.
- In the end, just press the OK button.
Also Consider, Fixes for H-series Error, Quickbooks Error H505
Method 6: Verify the Active Scripting and Uninstall the Active X
Well, the active X controls become disabled at a high-security level in IE. So, we try to enable it with the help of the steps:
- To begin the process, open Internet Explorer and navigate to the Internet options.
- Now just choose tools options and select the security tab.
- Once done with that, you need to move to the custom level option and search the ActiveX controls and plug-ins option.
- In the last step, you need to tap on the default level and press the OK button.
Now, we need to uninstall or remove the ActiveX file in IE.
- You need to first navigate to the options in Internet Explorer.
- Then, move to the settings tab to choose it.
- After that, tap on the view objects tab.
- In the next step, you need to verify all ActiveX files currently installed in the system.
- Followed by locating the file name starting with qboax like qboax11 or qboax11.dll.
- Now just ensure that you close all internet-explorer running windows and delete the file from the system.
Method 7: Clear SSL Certificates from the Internet Explorer
- You need to start the procedure by selecting the gear icon from the top select Internet options.
- Now just hit on the Clear SSL state tab within the content tab.
- Once done with that, hit the OK button to save changes.
Method 8: Disable Script debugging in Browser
Since script debugging is the common factor that causes the issue. You can opt for disabling it with the help of the following steps:
- You need to start the procedure by navigating to the Internet options in Internet Explorer.
- Now just tap on the advanced tab.
- After that, scroll down to the two options given below.
- Verify each of them and hit the apply button.
- Lastly, just hit the OK button and end the procedure here.
Method 9: Configure Internet Explorer Browser in Compatibility view
- The first and foremost thing that you need to do is to open the Internet Explorer browser.
- Now, hit the Gear icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- After completing these steps, you need to select the tools options and click on the compatibility view settings.
- Next, just checkmark the box stating Display internet in the compatibility view settings window.
- End the process by clicking on the close tab.
Through this guide, we will try to get you out of this tragic situation. Hopefully, you find the solutions easy to conduct and resolve the error issue. However, the error is not fixed then contact the Quickbooks technical support team. They will surely eliminate Quickbooks script error line 67 in a minimal time. If you don’t want to call them then connect through email or chat processes.