Quickbooks Registration File Error: Eliminate Now with the Quickest Ways
Quickbooks without a doubt is one of the leading accounting software. It has changed the conventional mode of accounting. A gigantic number of people prefer the software because of its services. At times, the software proves to be a little tricky because of its inclination towards errors. One such that Quickbooks users have to face is the Quickbooks Registration error. Well, it usually occurs when the user provides the wrong license number.
Although the error gets fixed when provided the correct Quickbooks license number, there can be several other factors responsible for Quickbooks registration errors. So, don’t get nervous if the error is not resolved even after fill in the accurate license number as you will have a detailed study about this error along with how to solve this within just a matter of time.
We only want you to follow each process in this article cautiously until you find the best fit for you. Before digging deep into the solutions for this error, it is vital to learn what this error is. So, let’s have a look at that.
Quickbooks Registration Error : Quick Introduction
Most users encounter the error after providing the wrong license number during registration. This registration helps the user in confirming that the purchased copy of Quickbooks is legit or not. The error comes with a message on your screen “Error: The validation code is incorrect, or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating.”
Also, it implies that there is some damage in the MSXML part of the windows of the software. Yet the error creates chaos but it still is a minor error that means it is not tough to eliminate. Now, let’s understand what causes this error so that we can easily root out it.
Causes of the Quickbooks Registration Error
Any of the below-listed causes may lead to the error registering Quickbooks on windows. So, let’s have a look and understand what they are.
- If there is a damaged Windows component like MSXML then you can have the error.
- Entering the wrong product code or license number at the time of validating the purchased copy of the Quickbooks product.
- A stable internet connection is a must to avoid these kinds of issues. If there is weak network connectivity then get ready for the error issue.
- Also, connection obstruction from the firewall can create havoc.
- If Intuit discontinued the registration of the Quickbooks product then it may bring this error to the system.
Now, if you acknowledge any of the above reasons in your system then try to rectify them by conducting solutions. So, let’s move into the fixation guide and see what procedures we can use to eradicate the error.
Fixations to Resolve Quickbooks Registration File Error
The user needs to conduct the following solutions to rectify the issue. Keep in mind to try out the solutions until your error is solved.
Solution 1: Configure User Account Control Setting
In this process, you need to restart or switch on/off the User account control aka UAC. Now, let’s see how we can do it.
For Windows 10, 8, 8.1 and 7
- The display window will open onto the monitor in the first place.
- Then, open the control panel settings.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the view option.
- Next, just pick the large icon option.
- Once done, tap on User Accounts and move the slider.
- Move towards the Never Notify to flip UAC off and hit OK.
- Now, you will see the option consistently Notify to turn UAC on.
- If the process is completed properly, tap on the OK button.
- In the last step, just restart the system.
Solution 2: Set MSXML component
We have seen earlier that if the MSXML component becomes damaged then it brings the error message registration file. So, in this solution, we will try to reset it. Get into the steps below to start the procedure.
- To initiate, download and save MSXML.msi file on the desktop.
- Then, you will encounter the run window.
- Just press the Windows + R button.
- Consequently, hit the OK button.
- At this moment, create the data file and register the MSXML DLL file.
For Windows 10, 8, and 8.1
- First of all, hit the Windows key and sort the cmd command.
- Now, tap on that and run as administrator.
- After that, press the Enter button.
- You will be notified with a message that states “DllRegisterServer in msmxl3.dll triumphed.” After receiving it, just press the OK button.
- Once done with that, type regsvr32 MSMXL6.dll and hit Enter.
- Hit the OK button after you receive the confirmation message.
Solution 3: Remove your Entitlement File
Entitlement file implies that your product is valid and registered. You only require to search the file and delete it so you can fill in the license and product number again. Move to the steps below to learn how to do it.
- Initiate the procedure by clicking on the Windows Start menu.
- Now just type Run into the search and open it.
- After that, you need to type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and press the Enter button.
- If the command does not open a folder then enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 instead.
- Once done, search for EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Subsequently, hit a right-click on the file and select the Delete option.
- Hit the Yes button to confirm and open Quickbooks and the company file.
- In the last step, just follow the onscreen instructions to register Quickbooks desktop again.
Solution 4: Use Quick Fix my Program for a quick fix
Quick fix my Program resolves errors related to the frozen program. So, here we use this tool and try to fix the Quickbooks Registration error.
- First, we need to close Quickbooks.
- Then, try to download the most recent version of Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- After that, locate the file where you can easily find it.
- Moving on, try to access the file that you downloaded as QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Navigate to the on-screen guidelines to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, if the install finishes, double-click the icon on the Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
- Once done with all these steps, now move towards the tab named Program Problems.
- Just select Quick Fix my Program now and run the tool.
- It will fix all the hidden issues. You only need to start Quickbooks desktop and check if the error persists or not.
Solution 5: Perform a Clean Installation of Quickbooks
- The first thing that you need to do is to press Windows + R button to open the run command.
- Now just enter Control Panel on the search bar and press the OK button.
- Moves to the Programs and Features and hits on Uninstall a programs.
- In the next step, select Quickbooks desktop from the list of all software.
- After that click on the Uninstall button.
Steps to download and install the Quickbooks Clean Install Tool
After trying out all these steps, you need to install the Quickbooks clean install tool from the official site on Intuit.
- First of all, download the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Then, install it by following the on-screen guidelines.
- Tap on I accept and open the Quickbooks tool hub.
- After that, click on installation issues and hit Clean Install Tool.
- Choose the Quickbooks desktop version which is installed earlier and click on the continue button.
- Later on, you will get the notification to install your copy of Quickbooks to the default location and press the OK button.
Now, you are prepared to reinstall the software with these steps:
- First of all, insert the CD on Quickbooks desktop.
- Provide the QB’s product and license number.
- Just follow the onscreen prompts and guidelines.
- Hit the next button to proceed further.
- You need to choose now the type of installation and select Next>Install.
Hopefully, all these given solutions would resolve the Quickbooks qbw32.exe registration error. We will always be there to help you out from this kind of tragic situation. Though the error is not as critical, if you still want to take some further guidance from the experts then share your queries with the Quickbooks customer care team. You can easily find ways to connect to them from the Intuit website. They will respond to you through your preferred means of communication that can be email, call, and chat.