QuickBooks is popular accounting software that not only handles accounting tasks easily but also manages the bookkeeping part of companies. Trusted by accounting experts and entrepreneurs, Quickbooks helps business owners to expand their size and growth in less time. With its unbeatable tools and features, the software has managed to gain millions of users. But recently users have complained of encountering some technical issues while using the Quickbooks bank feature. One such problem is Quickbooks Online Error 102 which affects the bank server.
This problem can trouble you due to many factors such as issues with your bank site, ongoing website maintenance is, server issues while transferring data between QBO and bank website. After receiving this troublesome error, you won’t be able to complete any bank-related task. This will cost you your time and business.
What does error 102 mean in quickbooks online? What provokes this issue? Let’s learn about error 102 in detail and its troubleshooting methods.
Symptoms To Spot QuickBooks Online Error 102
Once QuickBooks error code 102 infects your system, you experience numerous problems such as:
- Encountering program lock-ups.
- Computer performance gets slow.
- The system begins crashing periodically.
- Some bluish color gets all over the desktop screen.
- Pc gets shut instantly.
- Quickbooks opens automatically but freezes.
- Installation errors can also arise.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 102
You get this troublesome problem due to various factors. Once you understand them then it becomes easy for you to tackle them on your own. The causes are:
- Browser related issue is the major factor that provokes error code 102 QuickBooks.
- Issues with the bank. There is a chance that the bank website is going under maintenance due to which this error pops up.
- The wireless network is facing issues with your operating system.
- Damaged network equipment.
- Some server issues or technical glitch is interrupting the bank website.
Fixation Steps to Rectify Quickbooks Online Error 102
No doubt, QuickBooks financial software is unbeatable with incredible tools and features. Still, Quickbooks Online Error 102, 103, and other issues can block you from resuming your important work. Down below are some proven solutions to rectify this issue. Let’s learn them one by one.
Troubleshooting Method 1: Updating The Bank Connection Manually
When you update the account on your own, it can instantly fix the error code 102 QuickBooks. The steps are:
- Open Quickbooks.
- Tap on the option named “Banking” inside “Menu”.
- Hit “Clear Unwanted Accounts” followed by choosing “Accounts”.
- Click “Update Now.”
- When prompted, enter MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication).
- Hit “Continue”. This step will update the information.
Note: This solution is temporary since it can keep you in a safe zone for 90 days. For some permanent solutions, check out troubleshooting method number 2.
Troubleshooting Method 2: Automatic Updates
This technique involves updating your “Online Banking Account” and its process usually starts at 3 AM. Sometimes, the server of QBO does not receive the updated data, here you need to initiate the automatic update process five times in the following five hours.
The details received depends on the number of bank shares you own with QBO. Remember you can’t perform the “Auto Update” ON & OFF if you do not own access to that.
Follow these instructions to know the updates’ timing:
- Open Quickbooks.
- Now, tap on “Banking”.
- Moving on, choose “Update”.
- Inside the option, you can locate the previous updates’ timing.
However, if you are still getting the Quickbooks Online Error 102 then follow the entire step once again after few hours.
Troubleshooting Method 3: Checking the Account Details
Firstly, tap on the bank URL to log in. If you fail to connect then follow the instructions listed down below to create a connection:
- Open Quickbooks.
- Then, navigate to “Menu” followed by selecting “Banking.”
- If you are doing this for the first time, then navigate to the option “Search” to see if your bank is visible there.
- In case, you are not a new one doing this step, just click on the option “Add Account” then find the bank.
- From that particular list, choose your bank.
- Moving on, give credentials (User ID/Login ID) on the bank site and fill in a password.
- Click “Continue”.
- If prompted, complete the given security verification steps. After that click “Connect securely”.
- Now, click on the bank icon.
- Choose the bank type if it’s a debit card or credit card account. In case, you are still new then tap on “Add + new” for creating an account.
- When you are a new joiner to your bank account then the software will automatically download the transactions of the last 90 days along with the cc and banking transactions.
- Select “Connect”.
- After it, you will see a banking page on the screen.
- There, use the option “Review” to view the downloaded transactions and continue the work.
Troubleshooting Method 4: Read Account Information and All Notifications
You must read notifications as well messages properly that you get from your bank. There are instances when you can receive a warning message about some issues. Verify that you can conveniently check the transactions, summary, and accounting history.
Troubleshooting Method 5: Contacting Bank
Another suggestion is to contact your respective bank and allow them to follow a proper action. If you are being annoyed by QB runtime error then contacting the bank would be best. Give them at least 24-48 hours to check and fix the problem.
Troubleshooting Method 6: Checking If there is a New Account in your Bank
The last method that you can opt for is to check if you access your account recently or it is new to your credit card. This is because some accounts don’t function appropriately with online banking. In such a situation, you need to contact the bank as well as the credit card provider.
Also Read, Fixing Banking Error 103: Easy Steps
To Wrap Up
After receiving Quickbooks Online Error 102, you won’t be able to complete any bank-related task. This costs you your time and business. So, we listed the best techniques to resolve this troubling error.
Also, for more guidance, you can anytime coordinate with QuickBooks Customer Support. Dial their toll-free number or email your query to their respective mail.
We hope this post informed you all about the issue and fixed it. If you have any suggestions, tips, or thoughts, feel free to write them below.