The QuickBooks license file error or the QuickBooks license error after clone is quite unique but very complex in its fixing. As we all know, the software Quickbooks requires a license number and a unique product code for its activation during the installation process. The file having the license number & the product code is encrypted. This error can exist in case this encrypted data file goes missing.
But if you witness such a type of license error then do not stress out, we are here for your guidance. We have put together all the best possible solutions to counter the error 3371. All you need is to focus on our content and follow the guidelines carefully. In just a few minutes, you will no longer witness any such errors.
QuickBooks License Error After Clone: Causes For Existence
- When the dat file or MSXML is corrupted or damaged. Dat is the file that contains the license info. & MSXML is an essential Microsoft component important for the working of the software Quickbooks.
- In case of out-of-date Operating System.
- Third-party apps block the operations in the software Quickbooks.
- The .QBO file is not saved before importing.
Now, we know the causes why error 3371 status code 11118 Quickbooks could not load the license data. We will discuss the methods to troubleshoot this issue.
Fix Quickbooks License Error After Clone: 5 Repairing Methods
The detailed 5 solutions to fix the license error after clone are as follows:
Method 1: Quickbooks File Doctor Use Via The Quickbooks Tool Hub
Quickbooks Tool hub is a brilliant software that has the capability to solve almost every Quickbooks-related issue and error namely QuickBooks Update Error 404, QuickBooks Error H505, QuickBooks Sync Manager Error, etc.
- In case you do not have the Quickbooks Hub Tool software, download the exe file first from Intuit’s website.
- Open the exe file and access the installation wizard.
- Follow the screen instructions and accept the terms & conditions.
- Further, open the tool.
- Within the home page, you need to go to the tab Programs.
- Next, use the green-colored button Run File Doctor.
- The file doctor tool scan will begin and it will auto-detect all the issues & repair them as soon as possible.
Method 2: Quickbooks Update
- Firstly, open the software Quickbooks Desktop. And click on the Help menu.
- Further, go for the option Update Quickbooks.
- A list of the latest versions will come up on the screen. You just have to go for the latest released version available with all the advanced fixes.
- After installing the update, then you have to restart the computer system at last.
Method 3: Use The Clean Install Quickbooks
A clean install is one of the easiest ways to delete all the corrupted & damaged Quickbooks-related files. So, we can use the Quickbooks tool hub for doing a clean install.
- Firstly, open the Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Next, open the tab Installation Issues under the left pane.
- Further, use the button Clean Install Tool.
- The clean install process begins and cleans your system of the corrupted files and errors.
Method 4: Using The Task manager
- The first step is to exit the software Quickbooks Desktop.
- Further, use the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open the task manager.
- Now, you will have a list of processes. You need to select the process with the .exe extension.
- With a right-click, select the tab End Task.
- Go to the entitlement data folder.
- Click on Run.
- Navigate to the file destination C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) & hit Enter.
- With a right-click on the file ecml, tap on Delete.
- After deleting the ecml file, open your company file and re-register for the Quickbooks software.
Method 5: Windows Update
Windows update is important for the working of the software Quickbooks. After every Windows update, new features & functions are added to your OS. This also involves the important components & frameworks that are necessary for the functioning of Quickbooks.
So, you need to update the Windows OS to the latest available version. For this, go to the Windows All programs and then click on Windows update. Next, use the button Check for Updates. Windows will now give you a list of all the new available updates & click on the latest version to update Windows.
Now, you can check for the existence of status code -1 QuickBooks could not load the license data problem. If it still persists, then you need to carry out the next solution.
This article is a bunch of important information associated with the concepts of QuickBooks License error. Our content begins with the basics of the error and ends with the detailed solutions to troubleshoot the error easily from your system. We hope you are satisfied with us & are no longer stuck in any QuickBooks-related errors. For any more help, we are available for you 24×7 via call, chat and email services.