Multi-user mode is one of the great features provided by Quickbooks. But people who do not know how to use the multi-user mode can face errors. The errors can be resolved easily by following some basic troubleshooting steps. In this article, we have talked about the Quickbooks error h202. This error is very common when you use Quickbooks in the multi-user mode.
The error message states that you are trying to open a file that is stored on another system. It simply restricts you from accessing the company file. We have explained some methods that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error code h202.
Triggers of Quickbooks Error H202
In this section of the article, we have mentioned a list of different reasons for which you can encounter the Quickbooks h202 error.
- In case you have not configured the host settings properly.
- Also, if the firewall is restricting the data exchange.
- You may also have not configured the DNS settings properly.
- If the Quickbooks does not have an Ip address of the host and the server.
- The Quickbooks services may not be running.
- The. ND file is corrupted or damaged causing the H202 and H505 issues.
Resolve Quickbooks Error Code H202 in the Following Ways
Method 1: Recheck Connectivity
Now, the first method that we will suggest you opt for is to make sure that you are connected to the network. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow.
- First, you need to disable hosting from all the workstations.
- Next, you will have to select the server name from the workstation.
- You will then have to add the server name and then press the enter key on the keyboard. Check if you are now able to connect with the server or not.
Method 2: Employ Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
The Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool can help you to resolve the errors that you are facing with the device. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow to use the tool.
- To start with, you need to download the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool and then you need to click on the downloaded file and follow all the instructions to complete the installation process.
- Now, you need to open the folder in which you have stored the company file and then you need to jot down the network interfaces and IP address.
- After this, you will have to look for the open ports button in the firewall and then choose the option to allow ports.
- When done, you will have to make sure that you have data connectivity.
- Lastly, you need to open the company file again on your system.
Method 3: Add Server to Windows Host Files
Here are all the steps that you need to follow to add the server to windows host files.
- First, you need to open the Windows host file at the location where you have encountered the error. You may also have to open the notepad on the system as an administrator.
- Next, you will have to look for the last IP address and then you need to add the IP address of the server.
- Once done, you will have to press the Tab key on the system and then you will have to write the name of the server.
- You will have to click on the save option and then click on the exit option under the file option.
- Finally, open your required company file.
Method 4: Move the Company File to Another Folder
The next method that you can use to resolve the h202 error Quickbooks is to move the company file to another folder and then try to access the file. Follow all the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to create a new folder in your server system.
- You will then have to share the folder and then set it up. When windows will ask you to grant permissions, you need to grant the permissions.
- After this, you will have to copy the Quickbooks database file and then open the Quickbooks company file.
- You need to open the file in multi-user mode.
Method 5: Start the Quickbooks Database Server Again
Now, you may have to start the Quickbooks database server manager again to fix the Quickbooks error h202 switching to multi-user mode. Here is how you need to do it:
- First, you need to open the Run dialog on your system. In the run box, you will have to type services. msc.
- Now, click on the Ok button and a new window will open on the screen.
- You will then have to look for services like QuickbooksDB19 or QuickbooksDB18. Right-click on it and select the option to stop the service.
- When done, you need to right-click on the service and choose to start it. After this, terminate the services window.
- After this, you will have to click on the Windows icon and then select the explore option. Also, you need to click on the tools option and then click on the folder option.
- Now, you will have to choose the option for view. After that, click on the hide extensions option.
- You will then have to again select the View option and then click on the Show hidden files option. Now, untick the option to hide the protected operating system files checkbox.
- A warning prompt will appear on the screen. Click on the Yes option and then terminate the explorer window.
Method 6: Delete the.ND File
You may also face the Quickbook error code h202 because of the corrupted nd file. So, deleting the file and recreating the file can help you to fix the error. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- To start with, you need to open the search bar in the system and then look for the.ND file.
- You will now have to right-click on the file with the .nd extension. From the menu, you need to choose the option to delete the file.
- Now, when a prompt will appear on the system, you need to click on the confirm option.
- When you have deleted the file, you will have to again click on the start icon.
- Now, you need to open the Quickbooks database server manager application.
- You will then have to click on the option to scan the folder.
- Next, you need to click on the option to add the folder and redirect the tool to the location where you have stored the company file.
- When done, you need to choose the OK option and then click on the start scan option.
- Wait for the scan to complete. When the scan will complete, you need to close the window.
These were some of the methods that you can use when you have to fix the Quickbooks error h202. These methods will surely help you if the methods are followed in the same way as mentioned. In case you are still not able to fix the Quickbooks error code h202, you can contact the support team.