QuickBooks error code 6190 816 is one of the most common issues that is faced by many users. Are you also dealing with the issue right now? Then this article will definitely help you to get rid of it. We have listed down some verified and tested solutions later in this blog that will resolve the problem.
QuickBooks is no doubt one of the best retail management software that has helped the user to track their transactions and keep the records at their reach. But sadly, it also has many errors and issues that create disturbance in the workflow. How to get rid of it and how does it occur in your computer in the first place? To get answers, go through the article and stay with us till the end.
QuickBooks Error 6190 816
While dealing with the error, you may also get the error message as:
“QuickBooks was unable to open the file (path) on the host computer.”
However, you can easily resolve the problem once you understand why the issue is occurring in your system.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6190 816
If you are not sure which issue or error are you dealing with right now, then the following points will help you to find out. Go through the common symptoms.
- The user may experience the crashing of the QuickBooks error code 6190 816.
- You could feel the sluggish response of the Windows.
- The computer might also freeze sometimes.
- The error message of Error 6190 816 may also appear.
Reasons that Triggered the QuickBooks Error 6190 816
There are many reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 6190 816. It is highly recommended to go through the causes before actually performing the troubleshooting method.
- The error could appear if there is some other user who is trying to access the company file if the software is set for Single User mode.
- The company file may not match the company file.
- Some data might get corrupted or damaged in the data file.
- Update failure results from updating a file.
Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6190 816
The following methods are quite easy and simple to perform. But if you have little or no knowledge about QuickBooks or technology in general, then take professional guidance to resolve the problem.
Method 1: Resolve Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- First of all, go to the official website of Intuit and get the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- After downloading click on the File Doctor downloaded file to install.
- Run the Tool in your system.
- If you have not logged in as an Administrator then try to do so first.
- After completing the above step, you may receive two options:
- Network Connectivity Only and Both File Damage, and
- Network Connectivity
- Make sure you are choosing the first one.
- The tool will then find out the damaged and corrupted files and then it will fix them.
- Enter the Admin Password if required.
- Choose the suitable option the file is on Workstation or Server.
- Hit the OK button to Proceed.
Method 2: Rename the QuickBooks .TLG and .ND Files
The error can also appear due to the corrupted and damage.TLG and .ND files. Below are the steps to rename the files and fix the issues in the system.
- Go to the Windows File Manager and look for the QuickBooks Installation Directory.
- Then navigate: “C: \ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\Intuit\ QuickBooks\.”
- Locate the file .TLD and .ND.
- Choose the file and select the Rename option.
- At the end of the name, add .OLDFile.
- Check if you are getting the error or not, if yes, then jump to the next method.
Method 3: Resolve the Issue Via QuickBooks Tool Hub
- To use the QuickBooks Tool Hub, first of all, download the tool from the official website of Intuit.
- After downloading, click on the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- It helps you to install the tool. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once successfully installed, now try to run the software on your computer.
- Then move to the Program Problem window.
- Tap on the QuickBooks Fix My Program.
- The above step may take some time, refresh QuickBooks.
- Check whether you are still getting it or not.
Method 4: Restart the Computers Including Server
Sometimes the issues or errors can be easily solved by restarting the computer. If you are also facing some problems and unable to resolve them, then follow the steps below.
- First of all, go to the server where the company file is hosted.
- Restart it.
- Now try to restart the workstation which is connected to the network.
- Go to the QuickBooks server and then use it on the workstations.
- Check if the error still occurs in your system.
- In case, you are getting the error message, then run it on the workstations.
Method 5: Move the QuickBooks Company File to Local Changes
- To begin with, go to the server and then copy the company file and then move it to the USB storage.
- Try to move it to the workstation where you are trying to open the company file.
- Access the company file from the local changes.
- Check are you still getting the issue, if yes then jump to the next solution.
Method 6: Install and Run the QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks.
- Choose the suitable error from the Tool Hub.
- Then hit on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it run.
- After finishing the resolution procedure, check if you are still getting the error or not.
We have come to the end of the article. Hopefully, this helped you to resolve the QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 you are facing. However, if you are still getting the issue then try to take help from the professional help. You can access the helpline number from the official website of Intuit. The team is available 24 X 7 to assist the user. If you liked the article then share it within your circle. Also, check another related article on our website.