Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error -6189,-816 Quickly: A Repairing HandBook (11 Detailed Solutions)
Twinkling boxes of QuickBooks error 6189 816?? Cannot open the company file?? Using the multi-user mode?? All such problems fall under the shadow of QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816. It is not a complex issue but you do need proper guidance to clear such kinds of errors out from your system. We are just for you to give you that guidance.
This article has all the related concepts of QuickBooks Error 6189 816. Just keep up with us. You will surely get the best detailed solutions to deal with your existing issues. Without further ado, let us start.
QuickBooks Error -6189,-816: Introduction
Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 is a company file error that puts a stop to your work. It occurs when you try to open the company file using a network device working in a multi-user mode. Also, this is a run-time error that denies the permission to access your company file. An error text will come up on the desktop as: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816).
Now after learning the basics of this error, we will go to the reasons for the existence of this QuickBooks runtime error.
QuickBooks Error 6189 816: Reasons For Existence
A list of reasons for the existence of this error 6189 816 is as follows.
- The error can come up if you open your company file and it is also being worked on at some other server workstation.
- Presence of junk, corrupted, temporary QuickBooks-related files.
- A few QuickBooks components are lost or mistakenly removed.
- Improper and unclean software installation.
- Incorrect entries in the Windows registry setup.
- No administrator access given prior to accessing your company file.
- Under virus, malware, or ransomware attack.
- Third-party apps like anti-virus hinders your work operations and thus, leading to this run time error.
- Exchange log records and the Quickbooks organization document can also be one of the causes of this error.
- You are working on the single-user mode.
- Using pirated or old Windows OS.
- QuickBooks hosting process troubles.
- The system drivers are unavailable or if present are damaged.
- QuickBooks has a corrupted network data file in its system.
Detecting Quickbooks Error 6189 and 816
Given below are the triggers that will assist you in detecting this QuickBooks error 6189 early. Read here below.
- A text message read as “Error 6189 816: Quickbooks Error Code 6189” will twinkle up on the screen.
- You are unable to access the company file.
- A weak network connection or bad internet setup is visible.
- Windows shuts down from time to time.
- The system’s response commands are becoming slow in functioning.
- System crashes happen a lot.
- The mouse and other input functions do not work.
- No other commands are taken by the system.
After knowing the nature of the error, all you now need is to remove it but how can we do it. We are there for you and we will start learning it now. Read here the solutions that will guide you to troubleshoot the error -6189.
Best Solutions To Rectify QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD) is a QuickBooks repair tool that can easily diagnose a lot of the QBs errors including the Quickbooks error 6189 816. To use the Doctor tool, read here below.
- First, open the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Moving further, choose the company file with errors and issues.
- Click on the green-colored button Run Quickbooks file doctor.
- The scanning process will auto-detect the errors and correct all of them in no time.
- Lastly, you need to open the software QuickBooks again to verify for the ongoing existence of this run time error.
Solution 2: Rectifying the 6189 Error Through a Sample Company File.
To clear out the errors via the sample company file, go through the steps here.
- Firstly, launch the software QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, click on the option “No Company Open window”, and then use the option Open a Sample File.
- Choose the option of Random company file.
- All your company files will be auto-restored now.
Solution 3: Renaming Transaction Log (TLG) File and Network Data (ND) File
The Network data (ND) and the Transaction (TLG) files aid the user to work in the multi-user mode. If the company files are corrupt then, the QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816 can prevail in your system.
On doing a scan with the Quickbooks Database Server Manager, it will create the configuration files. Renaming the files will surely resolve this error. You can rename the ND and TLG files and then check for the presence of the error. How to rename the file, read here below.
- First, you have to open your company file with issues.
- Moving further, find the company_file.qbw.nd file and company_file.qbw.tlg file.
- Next, with a right-mouse click on these above company files, click on the rename option for renaming your ND and TLG configuration files.
- Lastly, you need to open the software QuickBooks again to verify for the ongoing existence of this run time error.
Solution 4: Clear Out the Quickbooks Error -6189, -816 Manually
- As told above, choose the Transaction Log file and rename it.
- Moving further, verify the user permissions to QBDataServiceUserXX for the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Next, you need to confirm whether your company files are encrypted or not.
- At last, copy the files and paste all of them on your desktop screen.
Now the error 6189 must be fixed manually but just in case you cannot still open the file then, you should transfer back the same file to its default place.
Solution 5: Use Quickbooks Refresher Tool
The Quickbooks Refresher Tool is an exemplary tool that helps the user by refreshing all the running processes and closing all the programs active in the background. Using this tool, you can easily clear out the QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816. The steps to use this refresher tool are.
- First, look out for the QuickBooks Refresher Tool download and start the download.
- After the download, you will get a QBRefresher.exe file.
- Further, you need to see whether any other programs are running in the background. Exit all such programs.
- Double tap on the downloaded exe file to access the installation wizard.
- Do as per the screen instructions and accept the license agreement.
- Lastly, click on Finish.
- Access the QBs Refresher tool, it will open and you are all ready to use this tool.
- Also, the software QuickBooks has to be kept open while using this refresher tool.
Solution 6: Create and Restore Backup Files
You need to create a backup of all the company files on your previous PC. After the backup, you will have to restore the backup file to your new system. For this, follow the steps written here.
- Firstly, you can make use of the flash drive or any other external device, then you can restore the files.
- Secondly, you can also connect your PC with the internet services if you have a good and stable internet connection.
Solution 7: Restart the System and the QBs server
There can arise a situation when you will have to restart your PC and the server settings to kick out any such error.
- First, restart your computer server.
- Moving further, you now will have to reboot the QuickBooks workstation.
- Next, tap to launch the software Quickbooks Desktop on your system server.
- After rebooting the QBs desktop on the system server, you have to open the Quickbooks software on every accessible workstation server.
Solution 8: Updating Quickbooks Desktop
While working with the older version of the software QuickBooks, you can witness many issues and errors. In this situation, you just have to update QuickBooks to its latest released version. For the updating process, read below.
- Firstly, open the software QuickBooks.
- From the top-right corner of your screen, use the tab named Help.
- Moving on, click on the option of Update Quickbooks.
- Further, a list of options will come up now. Go for the latest QuickBooks version available.
- Now, use the option Update Now and the updating process begins now.
- After a few seconds, you need to restart the PC at last.
Solution 9: Changing the Company File Location to the Local Drive C
It is the basic copy-paste method to migrate the company file location to the Local Drive C. Just keep in mind some of the valuable points given here.
- This method needs to be carried out only if you are not able to kick out the errors by using the previous solutions or only if your company file is kept in a removable drive or some other online space.
- Migrating the company files from one system to another is quite beneficial at times when your PC crashes or even in the process of the system upgrades.
- You can also transfer your company files onto the hard drive of the system. Google Drive, Cloud, Dropbox, etc, can be used using the online file hosting services.
- You should neglect the removable drivers for saving transferable company data files and folders as these removable drivers are not compatible with the Quickbooks software.
- Company file encryption on the hard drive must be avoided as it restricts the multi-user network connection within the QuickBooks desktop software.
Solution 10: Quickbooks Tool Hub Use
Quickbooks Hub Tool is the universal solution for most of the issues faced in the software Quickbooks. It is called the QuickBooks repairing tool. So, to eliminate Quickbooks Error Code -6189 -816 you need to perform the steps here.
Step 1: QuickBooks Tool Hub Installation
- First, exit all the active apps in the system.
- Go to the Intuit website, look out for QuickBooks Hub Tool download.
- After the download, click on the exe file and you will get an installation wizard setup.
- Do as per the instructions guidelines coming on the window and accept the terms and conditions to proceed forward.
- Lastly, tap on Finish.
- Now, open the installed hub tool.
Step 2: QuickBooks Hub Tool Use
- After Opening the Quickbooks hub tool, a home dashboard will come up.
- Further, go to the tab named Program Problems.
- Under this tab, use the option Quick Fix my Program.
- In a few moments, the repairing process will start.
- At last, you can access your company file free of all the errors.
Solution 11: Use Quickbooks Database Server Manager
If you want to open the company file on your server system then you can use the Quickbooks Database Server Manager for diagnosing the errors. This tool will detect the issues in the multi-user mode and rectify the QuickBooks Error 6189 in no time. Do as per the steps here.
- First, launch the Quickbooks Hub Tool.
- Under the Qbs tool hub, click on the Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Quickbooks Database Server Manager box will come up and you need to select the company file with errors.
- Moving further, tap on Start Scan.
- After the scanning process, you will notice that the Quickbooks Database Server Manager will auto-identify and fix all the firewall problems and permissions.
- Next, tap on Close.
- Open the server workstation and access the software QuickBooks Desktop.
- At last, check for the presence of the error.
This article is an informative content filled with all the important aspects of QuickBooks Error 6189 816. You can easily learn the basics of this error and the easy solutions to help you kick out all such 6000 series QuickBooks Errors like Error Code 6000 80 QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error 6177, etc. from your system. We hope you like our way of conveying such important information in the easiest way possible.
We think you must not be no longer stuck in the software issues and are all satisfied with us. Let us say our final goodbyes for now. Pleasure to work with you. Hope to see you soon. Just remember this, anytime you face further problems, ping us. We are available for you 24×7.