QuickBooks Error Code 6177: Resolve It Permanently [Solved Guide]
QuickBooks has completely changed the traditional style of performing business tasks with the latest tools. Its incredible features enable professional accountants and business owners to perform their tasks at their fingertips. But, this fact can’t be disregard that this software sometimes catches annoying issues out of which one is QuickBooks Error 6177.
After receiving this issue, your screen gets covered by an error code stating “Quickbooks trying to open this company file”. This simply means that the Quickbooks software can’t use your company file’s path. It immediately hampers your workflow and increases the cost burden as well. It stops you from accessing the important QB company files required for completing tasks.
We created this informative article, where we will explore Quickbooks Error 6177 in detail, its reasons, and its simplest troubleshooting methods. Let’s get started.
Reasons Behind Quickbooks Error Code 6177
You won’t be able to fix it properly until you understand why this error came into the system. When you learn the exact reasons behind an error, you easily apply correct solutions to it and prevent the same error to occur again. The causes are:
- The first reason for Quickbooks Error 6177 is that the software is unable to utilize the location/path to access the QB company file.
- Quickbooks files contain viruses.
- A damaged or incomplete download causes Quickbooks Error 6177 0.
- System files related to QB got accidentally deleted.
- When you shift your company file to another computer then also you see this issue.
Fixing Quickbooks Error Codes 6177 0 Permanently: Effective Techniques
Technique 1: Using Quickbooks File Doctor
The file doctor tool of Quickbooks has the ability to repair even the toughest Qb errors. Also, it works automatically by just clicking on it. So, in this way, you can not only save your time but also extra effort. Let’s check the steps:
- Firstly, reach out to the website of Intuit.
- Start downloading Quickbooks File Doctor. (Delete QB if already installed and reinstall it).
- After finishing the downloading process, you need to click twice on the file named- QBFD.EXE. then, simply follow all instructions showing on your screen in order to install the File Doctor.
- Now, the tool will immediately, or else, tap on the “Green Icon” which can be seen on the Taskbar Windows.
- Locate your company file or simply click “Browse” to manually find it.
- Hit the tab on “Check File Damage” followed by tapping on “Diagnose File”. (Choose the option “Check your File & Network Connectivity” only in the case of a corrupt company file. Select “Network” for QB multi-user mode.)
- Provide “Admin Password” and hit “Next.”
- After that, you will be prompted to choose either Host/Server or Computer. You have to select “Workstation Icon” in case you want to run the File Doctor in another system.
- Hit “Server” only if the tool is working on your server.
- Click “Yes” if the tool is functioning on the system hosting the QB company file, else select “No.”
- After that, the file doctor tool will start repairing the files and finish the process in a few minutes.
- Once you finish the above step then open the file from the tool directly. In case you have multiple versions of Quickbooks then you will get the software option to access the file.
- At last, close the repair tool.
Technique 2: Configuration of Quickbooks Database Server Manager
This is another powerful technique to get rid of Quickbooks error code 6177 0. In this method, we will repair the file path using “Quickbooks Database Server Manager”. The steps are
- Visit the folder location where you had stored the QB company files. Then exit QuickBooks.
- Now, Delete the file with (.ND) extension and exit QBs desktop.
- Then, access the company file by visiting the location.
- Search for an.ND file extension. It will appear the same as your company file.
- Here, right-tap on.ND file followed by choosing “Delete.”
- Going further, start configuring “QB Database Server Manager”.
- Firstly, tap on “Start”.
- Choose “Programs” then QuickBooks >> after that “QuickBooks database server manager”.
- Hit “Add Folder.”
- Locate the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Hit “OK.”
- Choose “Scan.” (Now, you will see all company files being hosted by the QB database server manager.)
- Once done, hit “Close.”
- Going further, verify the permission access of your QB Company file:
- Visit the folder of “Set-up permissions” to share the company files web page to ensure that the permissions are properly set up.
- If the application has been installed:
- Firstly switch on the hosting then turn it off.
- Then access the QB company file using the local path.
- At last, make a fresh folder.
This method is extremely effective in repairing this issue as well as Quickbooks Registration error. However, if you are still being bothered by the error then follow the next technique.
Technique 3: Moving the QB Company File To a Separate Folder/Location
If the above two solutions in which we used “Quickbooks Database Server Manager” and “Quickbooks File Doctor” could not fix the error, then you have to move the QB company file to a separate folder and then bring it back to its original location. The steps are:
- Firstly, find the folder that has your company file by navigating to the “File Explorer.”
- Then, write down the name and location of the drive.
- After that, copy your QB company file followed by pasting it on the system’s C: drive.
- Now, Run QB Database Server Manager for initiating the scanning process of the company files.
- Then, create a transferable company file.
- Move it back to the original drive.
- At last, just check if this technique repaired the Quickbooks Error 6177.
To Wrap Up
This informative write-up includes all details about Quickbooks Error 6177, its causes, and troubleshooting steps using Quickbooks Database Server Manager, Quickbooks File Doctor, and more techniques. Just ensure that download the tools from genuine Intuit websites to avoid any fraud or corruption.
These techniques will surely kick out this troublesome error. However, if you feel you require some guidance then dial the toll-free number of the Quickbooks Customer Support team or drop a mail anytime. The dedicated team is accessible 24×7 to assist you.
With this, we think it’s time to end this dedicated post here, feel free to share your valuable thoughts below.