Quickbooks Error -6147: Resolving The Issue Using Best Fixation Methods
QuickBooks financial accounting software is highly praised and trusted by professional accountants as well as business owners. Its features and tools save company owners both time and cost. But the downside is that this highly advanced software is not completely free from technical glitches and bugs. Quickbooks Error 6147 is one such annoying problem that bothers users a lot.
This issue normally occurs when you try to open a company file that has gone corrupt or is damaged, a backup file, or a missing company file. The moment you receive this issue, a warning message appears on your screen that reads: “Error code -6147, while trying to access the system’s company file/backup file”.
Once you receive this nuisance error, you are unable to resume your crucial tasks to manage the company. It ultimately costs you time as well as patience. So, repairing it as soon as possible is the first thing that should come to your mind.
In this informative write-up, we will briefly explain all about Quickbooks Error 6147, why it takes place, and the best fixation steps to kick it out.
Reasons For Quickbooks Error 6147 0
You should first learn why this error took place for applying correct fixation steps to it. Let’s explore all reasons.
- Quickbooks error code 6147 is caused due to corrupt/damaged QB data file.
- When you try to retrieve the backup via a network drive.
- The file name is exceeding the limit of 210 characters.
- Damaged Windows user.
- Corrupt QBW files also cause Quickbooks Error Code 6147 0 and other 6XXX series issues.
- QuickBooks company file includes invalid data or incorrect information.
- The company file is being accessed using a mapped drive that got deleted accidentally or by a third-party application.
Signs to Spot Quickbooks Error -6147
When you receive this troublesome error, you get various hints on your screen. You also encounter numerous issues such as:
- The error code message covers the entire screen.
- When you try to access your company file, the screen starts freezing.
- You are unable to retrieve the backup file.
- The PC shuts down automatically after detecting the issue.
- The system’s active program window immediately crashes.
Quickbooks Error 6147: Resolving The Issue Using Best Fixation Methods
In this informative post, you will read multiple ways to get rid of this nuisance error. Just try each solution one by one until you find the best one that resolves your problem.
Solution 1: Using QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor automatically diagnoses and repairs hundreds of QB errors at your fingertips. You can easily download it from Intuit website. Let’s explore the steps:
- Firstly, start downloading the QuickBooks tool hub via Intuit’s site.
- Go to the section “Downloads” and tap on the file.
- Now run this tool.
- Then you have to open the tool hub.
- Here, you will have to navigate to “Company File Issues” and hit the tab on “Run QuickBooks File Doctor”.
- The tool will then open immediately. Now some instructions start appearing on your screen. Follow them one by one to resolve the Quickbooks Error 6147.
Solution 2: Shifting The QuickBooks Company File to Another Folder/Location
- Turn on the system’s hosting.
- Navigate to “QuickBooks”, tap on “File” then “Utilities”.
- If you spot “Stop Hosting Multiple-User” then you have to follow the next steps:
- Disable the Hosting Multiple-User access.
- Click “Yes” and wait until you another window.
- Hit “Yes” again.
- At last, try to retrieve the backup of your file.
Solution 3: Configure the Scan Settings of Trend Micro Antivirus
- Firstly navigate to “Antivirus Settings”.
- After that, Select ignore the track.
- Then ignore the folder of the main company file from it.
- Now, hold Ctrl and open QuickBooks software. Don’t open the company file yet.
- Hold F2 to open a screen containing product details informing you of the company file location.
- Going further, access the setting “Trend Micro Active Scan” and select the folder followed by adding it as an exception.
- At last, if you find this error again then contact the Antivirus Support Team or provider.
Solution 4: Renaming .TLG and .ND File
Renaming both.TLG and.ND files are known as configured files that assist users to function a company file without much problem in a network. The steps to rename are:
- Firstly, access the folder containing the company file.
- Locate.TLG and.ND file:
- Going further, choose the particular file and right tap on it. Then hit the “Rename” option and add.OLD at its end.
- Now, access QuickBooks one more time and sign in for the file.
Solution 5: Changing the.ADR File’s Name
Changing the name of the QB Auto data recovery file also fixes the Quickbooks Error 6147. The steps are:
- The first step to follow is to navigate to the folder containing the company file.
- Then, locate the.ADR file.
- After that, access the folder.ADR and search the latest file.
- Then, right-tap on the file and choose “Rename”.
- At last, change the file name to.Qbw.
Solution 6: Closing Each QuickBooks Processes
- The foremost step is logging as “Administrator” on your server.
- After that, hold” Ctrl+Shift+Esc”.
- Then, for all users, you have to “Show the Processes” by choosing “Users”.
- Then start highlighting all QuickBooks processes:
- And QBDBMgr.exe
- Going further, tap on “End Task”.
- At last, open your company file via multi-user mode.
Also Finds, Methods To Resolve Quickbooks Registration Error
Solution 7: Rebuild Utility
This is the most effective solution you can choose to fix QuickBooks error 6147, 0. Follow the next instructions:
- At first, navigate to the option “File” and choose “Utilities”.
- Choose “Rebuild Data”.
- Going further, choose “OK” to get a company file backup prompt.
- If you see a message stating: “QB isn’t responding“, then hit “OK”.
Solution 8: Downloading Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QB Install a Diagnostic Tool is an efficient tool that fixes hundreds of installation errors and damaged QB company files.
- Firstly, start downloading “Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool” via Intuit site.
- When you complete the downloading process, then run the file- QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe to install the tool.
- Now, you will be able to install the tool easily on your system.
- At last, run the file (that has an error) on the downloaded tool to enable the tool to identify and fix the error.
Solution 9: Trending Micro Active Scan
- Navigate to the folder containing your company file.
- Then push “Ctrl” and tap twice on Quickbooks to access it.
- Now, choose your QB company file which can be listed at the top.
- After that, you will see a list showing the file’s location.
- Now open Trend Micro Active scan settings. Choose the folder first then add it on exception.
- After completing the above step, you can open the Trend Micro support page on its website to learn about setting exceptions with the folder or files.
We hope that the troubleshooting methods mentioned above helped you fix Quickbooks Error 6147. While following the steps, just make sure to complete each solution in an organized manner.
Still, if you find yourself in trouble or need additional guidance then coordinating with the Quickbooks support team would favor you. The door of the support team is always open and you just have to tell your query and leave the remaining part on the experienced staff. You will surely get the best assistance possible.
Well, that’s the end of this informative post, feel free to write your valuable thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.