Quickbooks has proven to be one of the best financial software in the industry. But, a user may also face some errors while you are using the Quickbooks software. Users can face the Quickbooks error 6144 82 commonly while you are using the Quickbooks software. You may face an error when you are trying to open a company file on your system.
The error must be resolved easily because you may not be able to work on the software until you resolve it. In this article, we are going to talk about the Quickbooks error -6144 -82. We have provided you with different methods that will surely help you to fix the issue. Please read the complete article to know more about the error.
Before you can fix the Quickbooks error 6144 82, here are some of the basic requirements that you may have to fulfill. Here is a list of all the preliminary preparations that you need to carry out.
- First, you must make sure that you use all the methods for the host system only.
- Also, you must make sure that you have turned off all the systems.
- You will also have to disable your antivirus software.
Reasons for Facing Quickbooks Error -6144 -82
Below we have mentioned some basic reasons because of which you can face the Quickbooks error -6144 -82. Here are all the possible reasons.
- If you have installed a corrupted or damaged version of the Quickbooks application.
- Also, if the files related to the Quickbooks are corrupted or are attacked by malware.
- Other than this, you can face the Quickbooks error 6144 error if you have deleted the required company file.
- In case you are facing any network issues, you can face the Quickbooks error.
Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks Error 6144 82
We hope that you enough of the Quickbooks error 6144 82, so, you can proceed with fixing the error. Here are all the methods that you can follow to fix the error. We have mentioned all the methods in detail for your convenience.
Method 1: Run Quickbooks Services
The first method that you can use to fix the error 6144 82 Quickbooks is to run the Quickbooks services option. Follow all the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to open the Quickbooks application and then you need to click on the start icon. You will now have to look for the services option and then click on it.
- After this, you will have to look for the QBCFMonitoringservice option in the services list appearing on the screen.
- Now, you need to make sure that the required service is running and you need to set the services on the automatic mode.
- When done, you need to click on the apply option and then click on the OK option. Finally, close the window.
Method 2: Create a New Folder for the New Folder
You may face the error 6144 82 Quickbooks because your file is stored in the corrupted folder. So, you may have to create a new folder to store the company file. Here is what you need to do:
- To start with, you will have to open the C drive on your system. You will then have to click on the user’s option and then click on the public option. When done, you need to click on the public documents option and look for the Quickbooks company file folder in the Intuit icon.
- Also, you need to create a new folder on your accessible location and then copy and paste the company file from the default location to the new folder. You must keep in mind that you will not have to cut the file from the folder.
Method 3: Employ Quickbooks Database Server Manager
The next method that you can use is to use the Quickbooks database server manager and check if there is an error in the database. Follow all the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to click on the programs option and then open the Quickbooks application on the system.
- You will then have to look for the Quickbooks database server manager icon and then choose the option to add the folder.
- When done, you will have to open the C drive on the system and then add the Quickbooks folder there.
- Now, you will have to tap on Scan now option. The scanning process will then begin.
Method 4: Change the Type of Account
Here are all the steps that you need to follow to change the account type.
- First, you need to click on the start option on the screen.
- You will then have to open the Control panel on the system and then look for the user account option.
- Now, you will have to choose the option to add or remove the account.
- When done, you will have to look for the QBDserviceuser23 icon and then you need to change the account type. You will then have to click on the administrator icon.
Method 5: Change the Name of the.ND and.TLG File
Now, if the above methods didn’t work for you, here are some steps that you can follow to fix the error 6144 82 Quickbooks.
- To start with, you will have to press the F2 key on the keyboard.
- The product information window will then open on the system. You will also have to note down the location where you have stored the company file.
- After this, you will have to open the folder and then look for the.ND file and also.TLG file. The files will have the same name as your company file.
- You will then have to change the name of the file by post fixing OLD at the end of the file name.
- Save the changes that you have made. Check if the error persists.
To Wind Up!
This was all you need to know about fixing the Quickbooks error 6144 82. Following all the methods, in the same way, will help you to fix the Quickbooks error -6144 -82 as well as Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 easily. In case you are still not able to fix the issue, you can consult the technical team. We hope that the article has helped you.