The entire industry of accounting has been evolved with the introduction of Quickbooks. This financial software is the number one choice of various accounting professionals and company owners. But, no matter how powerful and incredible Quickbooks is, there are some unpredictable errors like Quickbooks Error 6000 83 that occur in it due to technical glitches or some other issues.
You might come face to face with this error while opening, restoring, or taking a backup of your QB company files. This error is not only annoying but also time-consuming. It affects the smooth functioning of the software and the productivity of your business. This is why fixing this troublesome error is a must before it affects other files in your system.
So, we have created this informative blog to focus on the Quickbooks Error 6000 83 in detail, its causes, and right fixation methods.
Quickbooks Error Code 6000 83: Brief Description
This error comes beneath the -6000 series which causes damage to your company files as well as the system. It usually ends with two to four digits. When you encounter this issue, your screen displays an error code statement reading about the error.
Along with this notification, it also recommends a solution if Quickbooks identifies the specific reason behind that error. In most cases, users have to manually fix the problem because the more delay you cause, the more damage it will give.
Reasons Behind Quickbooks Error 83
Now the main question is what happened in the first place that gave birth to this problematic error. This is because, when you learn the root causes behind an error, it becomes easy for you to apply correct solutions to it.
- Some QuickBooks files are damaged or missing.
- You don’t have enough permissions for the server.
- For Windows users, you don’t have sufficient permissions.
- Not having proper permissions for QBDataServiceUserXX.
- When you try to convert the QB company file via an outdated version.
- The firewall or security applications are blocking the Quickbooks files.
- The damaged shared file also leads to QB error 6000 83 and other 6000 series errors.
- Your company files are being hosted by multiple computers over the same network.
- You might be using an incompatible Quickbooks version such as a non-Canadian or non-US version.
- Setting up a different language other than English on Windows also causes Quickbooks error 6000.
- Invalid company file path set up.
- Incorrect extensions in QuickBooks company file.
- The host system can’t connect with the server because of some network connectivity issues.
Symptoms That Help to Identify Quickbooks Error 6000 83
After getting this nagging error, your system and software show some signs that inform you about the presence of QB error 6000 83 in the system. Those signs are:
- You receive an error code message related to the issue.
- QuickBooks stops working and responds sluggishly sometimes.
- The system freezes frequently.
- Your screen will turn black.
Easy Steps To Repair Quickbooks Error 6000
We believe that now you have enough knowledge about the error and its causes as well symptoms. You can proceed further to the fixation part. Let us check each troubleshooting technique one by one.
Solution 1: Running QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
You can use the Quickbooks File Doctor tool as it is efficient in fixing even the complex errors in the software. You can install it in two ways- First, you can directly download it from Intuit’s website and secondly, you can open it via Quickbooks Tool Hub. we will explore the doctor tool via the QB tools hub:
- Firstly, visit Intuit’s site and start downloading and then installing the tool hub.
- Then save the file anywhere.
- After that open it and choose the “Company File Issues” section.
- Now, tap on “Run QuickBooks File Doctor”. The file can take some time to open.
- Then, inside the doctor tool, you have to click on “Company File”. If you can’t find it then manually find it by tapping on “Browse” and then “Search”.
- After doing that, tap on “Check Your File” and hit “Continue”.
- The following step is entering the admin credentials and tapping on “Next”.
- Note that, the scanning process will take time according to the size of your file. Usually, it takes 5 minutes to complete.
- After completing the process, just open your company file and start working.
Solution 2: Checking the Backup Filename
If your file or the folder’s name contains any special characters, symbols, or spaces. For example- a file name that needs a modification- Quickbooks Folder@.Business-.qbb.
- First of all, tap on Windows/Start.
- Then, type the “File Explorer” into the vacant search option.
- Now open it.
- Then, find and locate the folder having your company file.
- Right-tap on the file having .Qbb extension at the file name’s end.
- Select “Rename”. (The backup file looks like a QBB file).
- Then, clear all symbols, spaces, or special characters from your filename.
- Now, right-tap on the folder containing the QBB file and select “Rename”.
- Again remove symbols, spaces, or any unique character.
- In the end, just retrieve your company file.
Solution 3: Running QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, click on Start/windows.
- Now search “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”
- Now from the programs list, tap on “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”
- Click on “Add Folder.”
- Visit C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks to locate the folder of QuickBooks installation. After selecting the folder, just tap on “Scan”.
- After completing the scanning process, the QB Database Server Manager will show you all the folder files.
- Tap on “Close” and confirm that there is an .Nd file separately created for every file.
Solution 4: Close all QuickBooks Processes
To complete this advanced step, carry out these instructions.
- First of all, on your server system, log in as an admin.
- After that, hold “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” to bring up the option of the task manager.
- Then, select “Users” and show processes.
- After that, highlight QBW32.EXE, QBDBMgr.exe, and QBupdate.exe) and choose “End Task.”
- Now, you have to access your company file via multi-user mode.
- In the end, just check if Quickbooks error 6000 83, is resolved or not.
You Can Also Consider, Methods To Resolve Quickbooks Error 15271
Solution 5: Disable Hosting Mode on Your Systems
There should be one server system to host the files. So, make sure to disable the option of host multi-user access. The steps are:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks on any of your computers.
- Don’t access the company file yet.
- Choose “File” and navigate to “Utilities.”
- Don’t choose “Host multi-user access” and navigate to the next station.
- Now, tap on “Stop Hosting Multi-user”.
- In the end, carry the same steps for every system.
Solution 6: Editing Windows Host File
Here, you need admin access for completing the editing of the windows host file.
- Start configuring the Linux database server manager.
- After that, just restart QuickBooks on all host computers.
- In the end, retrieve your company file.
Solution 7: Configuring the Host File
In case the error came up while creating a backup, then follow these steps:
- Firstly, create a fresh folder in the computer’s C drive.
- Now, back up the company file manually and save it in the newly created folder.
- Now, open “Start” in any of the systems.
- Write “CMD” in the vacant search area to open it.
- Then, in the window, write “Ping[Name of the Linux server]” and hit “Enter”.
- Now, note the server name as well as the IP address.
After that, you need to start editing the host files. Make sure to check the connected systems with the server contains the right Linux server name as well as the right IP address. Let’s explore the steps now:
- Close Quickbooks on all systems.
- Now, navigate to “File” and choose “Quit QuickBooks”.
- After that, open the “Start/Windows”.
- Write “File Explorer” in the vacant search area to access it.
- After opening it, tap on “My Computer or THIS PC.”
- Then, access the C: Drive.
- Now open the windows folder.
- Locate the system32 folder and after that open the ETC folder.
- Then, right tap on C: \ Windows \ System32\\ drivers \, etc \ hosts and click on “Open With” first and tap on “Notepad”.
- Now, add the IP address of the Linux server at the text end and hit the “Tab” button. Then add the Linux server name as well. Remember to fill the correct name with the appropriate case as Linux systems files are considered to be case sensitive.
- In the end, select the file and tap on “Save” followed by exiting from the Notepad.
We hope that the troubleshooting techniques mentioned in this informative post helped you resolving Quickbooks Error 6000 83. The seven fixation methods are highly recommended by the experts and they also eradicate the error from the root.
However, if you find yourself stuck amid any step then contacting Quickbooks customer Support would be best. The expert team can be contacted 24*7 via toll-free number, email, or chat. They are highly skilled to resolve any QB query.
If you have any doubt about any element of this post, then write it down in the comments section. We will properly analyze the query and get back with the best assistance.