Quickbooks Error 6000 80: Permanent Solutions To Fix!
Thousands of professionals, entrepreneurs, and entrepreneurs rely on Quickbooks software to perform their financial tasks easily. The software serves all kinds of professional needs of the businesses. Sadly, we all have to accept the fact that it is also prone to various technical issues, bugs and glitches. One such error is Quickbooks Error 6000 80 which can be seen on the network as well as local setup.
This error is generally faced when you try to access, restore or create a backup of the QB company file. When you get this nuisance error, it covers your screen with error code messages. it immediately stops you from completing your important company tasks and affects your business unfavorably.
This is why you must repair this issue the moment you get it. To help you, we have carefully written this post to inform you all about Quickbooks Error 6000 80, its causes, and permanent troubleshooting techniques.
Error Description : Quickbooks Error 6000 80
- Number- Error 6000 80
- Name- QuickBooks Error code 6000 80
- Description of the Error: 6000: A Problem encountered when QuickBooks attempted to open the company file.”
- Software- QuickBooks
- Developer- Intuit Inc.
- Applies to- Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8
Triggers of Quickbooks Error Code 6000 80
You will experience this error due to many factors as this issue can’t pop out of anywhere. After exploring the reasons you will be able to apply appropriate fixation methods to it. The most common factors responsible for Quickbooks 6000 80 are:
- Corruption in the QB data file.
- Damaged data source and when you open the software it gets crashed.
- Slow and sluggish Internet speed.
- Multiple systems functioning as a host for your QB data file.
- There is some restored or converted data on the network.
- Quickbooks can’t communicate with the main server.
- Damaged Company file(s).
Symptoms to Spot What is Quickbooks Error -6000. -80
You can easily spot this problematic error by exploring the signs mentioned below:
- When this error appears, you can’t access your company file.
- Error code messages start coming on your screen.
- QuickBooks software becomes unresponsive.
- You can’t work on the system because the windows become slow.
- Active QuickBooks screen/program crashes.
If any of these symptoms occur in your system then buckle up to read this full post because you need to fix the Quickbooks Error -6000. -80.
Fixing Quickbooks Error 6000 80 With Permanent Solutions
Fixing this issue immediately is super important because if you delay the troubleshooting process then it will start harming your files and system as well.
Solution 1: Retrieving Backup of the QB Company File
The QuickBooks error 6000 mainly occurs on your company file. So, the first thing you should perform is restoring the data. After it, the file will work properly.
For restoring the file, you have to access it, then tap on “File” >> “Utilities”. Now, in this area, you will get the option “Stop Hosting Multi-Access”. Just choose it and rename it. Now, let’s check the steps to understand better.
- Launch the “Company File”.
- Choose “File”.
- Select “Utilities”.
- Under the visible list, click “Stop Hosting Multi-user Access”.
- Then, edit the name of your “Company File”. Make sure to keep it under 210 characters. At last, provide your file a new name.
Solution 2: Downloading QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The QB file doctor is a miraculous tool that helps numerous Quickbooks errors automatically. It not only saves your patience but also effort. Let’s see how it works.
- Start downloading QuickBooks file doctor by visiting Intuit website.
- After that, run the file to install it.
- Now, if you spot some data damage but the tool can’t repair it then choose any of two next choices:
- Either retrieve the QB company file, backed up earlier.
- Or use an auto data recovery tool to retrieve data.
- Another alternative is that you can also send the company file to the team of Intuit data recovery.
However, if there is no issue spotted in your company file by the file doctor then it simply means that the company file has no problem.
Solution 3: Configuring Firewall and Antivirus Software
In this step, we will explore how to configure the firewall as well as the antivirus software to repair the error 6000. Let’s see how this technique can be performed in an appropriate manner.
- Firstly, access “QuickBooks Database Manager”.
- Open “Port Monitor”.
- Find your “QuickBooks” version.
- Note down the “Firewall Port Number”.
- Going further, launch the system’s Windows Firewall.
- Now tap on “Advanced Settings”.
- Right-tap on the option “Inbounds”. Then choose “New Rule”.
- Tap on “Port”.
- At last, press “Next”.
You Can Also Consider, Methods To Resolve Quickbooks Error 15271
Solution 4: Renaming “.ND” and “.TLG” File
These file extensions can be easily spotted on your fine name. You have to rename these files to repair the error 6000. The steps are:
- Visit your file’s location.
- Locate the “Company File” you want to repair.
- Find the “.TLG” and “.ND” extensions having the same name as your QB company files.
- Now, right-tap on these files and make changes in their names as well. Add “.OLD” at the filename’s end.
- After that, open “QuickBooks” and sign in.
- At last, check if Quickbooks error 6000 80 is finally fixed or not.
Solution 5: Copying to The Hard Drive (For Single User Mode)
If you are someone who uses the software in single-user mode, you need to follow a different method to fix the error 6000 80. The steps are:
- First of all, copy to the system’s local drive such as C drive, .qbw file, or .qbb file, whatever needs an update.
- After that, either retrieve a backup or update your company file.
- At last, copy the file back to the actual/ original location of the updated/restored file.
Solution 6: Manually Repairing Quickbooks Error 6000 80
If automatic tools and solutions could not help you then try these manual steps to rectify the issue.
Step 1: Updating Quickbooks
- Choose an option from below and just follow the prompts coming on the screen:
- Automatic updates
- Manual updates
Step 2: Verifying the Permissions to Open the Company File
- Visit “Setup Folder Permissions” to transfer your company file.
- Set the permissions appropriately.
- At last, set up the QB permissions.
Step 3: Scanning the Company File
- Tap on “Windows”.
- Visit “Programs” => “QuickBooks” => “QB Database Server Manager”.
- After that, on the screen “QB Database Server Manager, choose “Add Folder” and go to the folder containing your company files.
- After that, add all the folders and hit “Scan”.
- Inside “QuickBooks Company File”, all the data files will be visible to you. Choose “Close”.
- Then locate the company files folder and check that.ND and. QBW has been created with each Company file.
Points to Note:
- Reach out to the option “Program List”.
- In case, you don’t see the icon of “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” then re-install QB.
- Select the second choice – “I’ll be using QB on my computer, AND I’ll be saving the company file to share it over the network”.
Step 4: Verifying the Data Damage by Opening the Company File
You can perform this step in two ways:
- Opening the company file using the host computer
- Visit the folder containing your company files.
- If the server is only on one host computer then navigate to “Copy QB File to Another Location”.
- Open QuickBooks, as well as the company, file then obey the following instructions:
- If the company file is being opened via the system, then check the QB company file.
- If it doesn’t, then you may have to copy the file into a separate location.
- At last, rebuild the file by following the instruction of QB software.
By now, the error 6000 must have been successfully resolved.
Now coming towards the conclusion of the article, we believe that the above-mentioned techniques have surely helped you fixing Quickbooks error 6000 80. This post contains the automatic as well as manual ways of dealing with this nagging problem. You only have to perform each technique by following the right approach. We have gathered proven solutions to help you kick out this problematic error.
However, if you still want more guidance then you can take help from Quickbooks customer support. Just contact them via number, chat, or email and tell them your query. The experienced team will carefully analyze your issue and assist you with the best solutions.
If you have more ideas or thoughts to share then drop them down in our comments section to inspire us more.