Over the years, QuickBooks has become the most used accounting software by numerous accounting professionals, experts, and entrepreneurs. The major reason is that it is more user-friendly and includes extra features and tools than its competitors. But sometimes it gets affected by technical glitches and bugs such as Quickbooks Error 3371.
This troublesome error is usually witnessed while installing, activating, or opening the QB software. After getting infected by this error you receive various error code messages that cover all of your window’s screens. Also, you can’t perform your daily tasks due to this issue which directly impacts your work productivity and precious time.
To help you out, this post includes all about Quickbooks Error 3371 in detail along with its causes, signs to spot it, and effective troubleshooting techniques.
Error 3371 Quickbooks: Common Instances
QuickBooks Error 3371 is mainly caused when the software fails to load/read the license data. When you get this error, you see various instances of it some of which have been listed down below:
- Error 3371.
- Quickbooks error 3371 status code 1: Can’t initialize license properties. The screen shows [Error 3371 status code 1], QuickBooks can’t load the license data due to missing or damaged files.
- Error 3371 status code 11118 Quickbooks: Can’t initialize license properties. The screen shows [Quickbooks Error 3371 code 11118] QuickBooks can’t load the license data due to missing or damaged files.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error 3371
The Quickbooks developer Intuit makes it compulsory for all users to store the license details on the hard disc. If a user accidentally loses the license details or file that the data gets damaged/corrupt. This is why the screen shows QuickBooks error 3371 related messages. Let’s explore the reasons behind this error.
Missing/Damaged QB Registration.dat File
To validate the license of the users the moment the user opens the QuickBooks application, it is important to have a QB registration.dat file. When the file is corrupt or damaged somehow then the software will stop functioning properly and it will pop up with several errors.
Damaged MSXML Component
MSXML is an important Microsoft component needed to carry details from the QB registration.dat file for the software to validate its registration. Without it, the application will not run and show errors.
Using an Old/Outdated Windows OS
Another reason for getting QuickBooks Error 3371 is that you might be using an old windows OS. So, you need to make sure that you have updated or latest Windows Operating System.
Antivirus or Some Cleaner Applications
Sometimes a security program or antivirus removes or changes QB files that leads to this error. To prevent such a situation, you need to exclude the software and all processes from the list of scans.
Importing File Without Saving
For QuickBooks Enterprise users with Web connect, it is important to save files before accessing them, or else you will encounter error 3371.
Signs to Spot QuickBooks Error 3371
You need to check the following symptoms to spot this nagging error’s presence on your system.
- The system starts hanging the moment you open Quickbooks.
- You get notifications regarding a suspicious HTML file.
- You can’t open your company file in the software.
- This error is also encountered when you try to clone the process through C:\ drive to a fresh hard drive.
- While working on the software, your screen repeatedly shows error code messages.
After exploring the causes and spotting signs of this error, we believe that it’s time to learn the best troubleshooting techniques to fix it.
Best Fixation Methods To Repair QuickBooks Error 3371
This informative write-up contains the top fixation methods to fix this error. We request you to apply the steps one by one and to get the best results. Let’s explore all solutions.
Solution 1: Running 3371 Error Fix via QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is developed by Intuit to encounter almost every issue in the software. It contains 3371 error fix tools that can fix the issue automatically. The steps are:
Downloading the Tool Hub
- Firstly, exit QuickBooks.
- Now, visit the Intuit website and start downloading the latest version of the QB Tool Hub application.
- Reach out to the downloads section and run the file named- QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- After that, approve the terms and conditions and follow the screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Come back to the Desktop and tap twice on the QuickBooks tool Hub icon.
- In case, you are unable to find it then just browse it via the Windows Search feature.
Running Error 3371 Fix Tool From Tool Hub
- After opening the tool hub, navigate to the “Installation Issues” section.
- Tap on “3371 Error Fix”.
- At last, hit OK and open your QB company file.
If running Tool Hub does not bring any luck, then we have more advanced solutions below. Check them out.
Solution 2: Updating Windows Manually
If the software stops functioning all of a sudden then the system is lacking the latest Windows files. You can perform the update by these steps:
- Push the button “Windows” then choose “All programs”.
- Navigate to “Windows Update”.
- Look for the updates if available and tap on“Install all”.
Solution 3: Running Quick Fix My Program Via Tool Hub
- Firstly, exit QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, download the tool hub (steps mentioned in the first solution).
- After downloading it, tap on the icon of Tool Hub from the desktop to access it.
- Navigate to “Program Problems” and hit “Quick Fix My Program”.
- Tap on “OK”.
- At last, just end the process then access the software to open your file.
Solution 4: Running QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- Start downloading the tool hub by following the instructions mentioned in solution 1. Now open it.
- Then, choose “Installation Issues” after opening the tools hub.
- Now tap on “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool for running it.
- Now, the tool will detect the errors on its own while taking some time.
- After finishing the process, you now need to restart your PC.
Solution 5: Performing Clean Installation of QB
You can also resolve the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the QB software via clean installation.
- Firstly, you need to save “All files”.
- Then, close “All programs”.
- After that, hit the “Start” button and navigate to “Control Panel”.
- Now, tap on “Programs” followed by choosing “Uninstall A Program”.
- Right-tap on QB and choose “Uninstall.”
- After that, if your screen pops up a “User Account Control” window then tap on “Continue” and just obey all the on-screen instructions.
- After finishing the “Uninstall” process, navigate to “Windows Explorer” followed by renaming the “QuickBooks”.
- In case, some of your files are missing then choose “Tools” and then tap on the option “Show hidden files”.
- At last, restart the PC.
Solution 6: Running Component Repair Tool
Error 3371 also pops up because of installation issues. In such a case, you can utilize QuickBooks Component Repair Tool to repair the issue. The steps to install it are:
- Firstly, start downloading the QB component repair tool.
- Now, tap twice on the file and follow the prompts coming on your screen.
- After that, just restart the PC.
After performing the above action, just run the tool and fix the Microsoft .Net framework by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, save the file you had downloaded on your desktop.
- Then, close all the running programs.
- After that, run the tool to initiate the diagnosis process.
- In the end, reboot your system.
You Might Also Like, Methods To Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 1328
Solution 7: Removing Ecml File
- Firstly, type the “Run” command and write “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8” there in the box. Tap on OK to open it.
- After that, your window will show you a files list.
- Right-tap on the “ECML File” and delete it.
- Then, you have to close the Window.
- At last, run QB and “Register the product” one more time.
Solution 8: Changing the Entitlement File’s Name
For Windows XP Users
- You have to tap on “Start” and open the Run box.
- Then, write “Entitlement DataStore. ecml file: Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Intuit Entitlement Clientv2” there in the run window.
- After doing that, tap on “OK”.
- At last, change the name of your Entitlementdatastore. ECML file.
For Windows 7 Users
- Firstly, navigate to “C: ProgramData Intuit Entitlement Clientv*”.
- Then change the name of the Entitlement file.
- After that, open QuickBooks, remember that it has already created a new file automatically for you.
- Going further, you need to follow a few more steps if you can’t view the program data folder.
- Now, go to My Computer & tap on Organize.
- Moving further, select the option Folder & now, use the Search option.
- Now, tap on “Hidden Files & Folders”.
- In the end, open QuickBooks to see if the error is finally repaired.
We truly hope that the troubleshooting techniques described in this informative article helped you repair Quickbooks Error 3371. These methods are not only effective but also save your precious time. However, if you still find yourself in trouble then contacting the support team of Quickbooks is best. The dedicated team is ready to assist you 24*7. You can contact them via chat, email, or their toll-free number.
Now, we believe it is time to conclude this blog, but if you have any thoughts or tips then write them down in the comments section. It will encourage us as well as other readers.