You can encounter an error in Quickbooks anytime while using the software. One common error that a user can face while installing Quickbooks is Quickbooks error 1904. The error can be easily fixed by following some simple methods or steps. In case you have also encountered the Quickbooks error code 1904 and you are not aware of how to solve it, here is all you need to do.
We have explained to you how you can resolve the error 1904 Quickbooks. Check out the full article to get detailed knowledge about the error.
Factors Leading to Quickbooks Error 1904
Here is a list of some possible reasons for which you can encounter the Quickbooks error 1904.
- In case the Microsoft components are a mission from the system.
- The hard drive is facing reading or writing issues.
- Also, the installer file can be corrupted or damaged.
- There are chances that the security software is interrupting the services of the Quickbooks software.
- In case you have installed a new version of the operating system.
- Quickbooks does not have access to all the permissions.
- You may have not updated the Quickbooks application.
- The Quickbooks installation file is not able to create the required file causing 1904 problems along with QuickBooks Update Error 404, QuickBooks Error H505.
Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks Error 1904
So, now that you know what error1904.module failed to register Quickbooks is, you can resolve it easily on your own. All the methods have particular steps that you need to follow to resolve the error. All the methods are elaborated for your help.
Solution 1: Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Quickbooks install diagnostic tool is used to repair the issues that the user can face while installing the application. You can either download the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool individually or download the Quickbooks tool hub and use the diagnostic tool. Here are the steps that you need to follow to run the install diagnostic tool with the help of the Quickbooks tool hub.
- To begin with, you need to download the Quickbooks tool hub on your system and then install it by following all the instructions appearing on the system.
- When done, you need to save the tool on the location where you can easily access it.
- After this, click on the Quickbooks tool hub icon on the screen of the system and then open the tool window.
- In the tool window, you will have to click on the option of installation issues.
- Now, you will be redirected to a new window. Choose the option to install the diagnostic tool and the tool will begin. Wait for the process to complete.
- When the process will complete, you need to restart your system and then start the Quickbooks desktop.
Solution 2: Add Quickbooks to the Exclusion List in Bitdefender
Now, in case you are using Bitdefender on your system, you need to make sure that you have added Quickbooks to the exclusion list. Error 1904 module failed to register Quickbooks can not be resolved just by disabling it. You need to exclude Quickbooks. Here is how you can do it.
- If you are using 32-bit windows: You need to add the C:\Program files\Common files path in the exclusion list in Bitdefender.
- If you are using 64-bit windows: You need to add C:\Program files\Intuit path in the exclusion list in Bitdefender.
Adding this path to the exclusion list will fix the Quickbooks error 1904 module failed to register if Bitdefender is interrupting the working of the Quickbooks application.
Solution 3: Modify the Windows Account Settings
Now, the next solution that you can follow to fix the Quickbooks error 1904 is to modify the setting for your Windows account. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do it easily.
- First, you need to click on the Windows icon on the screen. You will then have to search for cmd in the search window.
- When found, you need to right-click on it and choose the option to run it as an administrator.
- In the command prompt window, you need to type “net user administrator/active: yes” and then hit the enter button. When done, exit the command prompt.
- After this, you need to start the windows menu and then choose to sign out of the device.
- Finally, you need to then log in with the admin account.
- To start with, you need to open the Windows menu.
- When done, you need to search for the file explorer.
- After this, you need to find the C:\program files\ common files folder and then right-click on the folder. From the menu, choose the properties option.
- Next, you will have to go to the security tab and then click on the edit option.
- Now, you need to look for the user’s option, and then you need to grant all the permissions to read, write, modify. List folder contents, and read and execute permissions to the users.
- Finally, click on the apply option and then press the OK button.
Install Quickbooks Again
- To start with, you need to download the Quickbooks desktop again on your system.
- You will then have to click on the Windows menu icon and then log out from the admin account.
- When done, you will have to use the user account to sign in to the system.
- Now, you need to again open cmd and type net user admin\active: no. Make sure to open cmd as an administrator.
- Finally, try to open the Quickbooks software on the system. In case you can open it, the error is no longer there.
Solution 4: Install Adobe Flash Player Again
There are chances that you are facing the error 1904 Quickbooks because of the adobe flash player. Therefore, it is suggested to uninstall and install the Quickbooks application again. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to open the menu on the system.
- You will then have to look for the control panel.
- In the control panel, you need to click on the programs and features options and the list of all the installed programs will appear on the screen.
- From the list of all the installed programs, you need to click on the adobe flash player and choose to uninstall it.
- When done, you need to install the adobe flash player on the system.
So, these were some methods that you need to follow to install the Quickbooks error code 1904. Following all the methods, in the same way, will help you to resolve the error 1904.module failed to register Quickbooks easily. Hopefully, the article was helpful.