Quickbooks financial software is a powerful tool that enables company users and professionals accountants to perform their accounting and bookkeeping tasks. The software company Intuit launches new updates annually to helps users with more features, tools, and bug fixes. This leads to several technical bugs and glitches such as Quickbooks error 179.
This nagging error mainly comes when you try to log in to the bank’s website via Quickbooks. This error immediately stops you from accessing your bank’s website. After receiving this issue, you can’t carry out any bank-related task because the error covers your screen with an error code message. It not only wastes your time but also impacts your business negatively. In order to proceed further, it is important to fix this error first.
To help you with that, we have come up with the most advanced solutions to fix Quickbooks error 179. We will also cover the causes and effects of this error to enhance your knowledge. Let’s get started.
Brief Explanation of Quickbooks Error Code 179
This error is a banking error as it directly affects the bank’s website. After getting caught by this error, you can’t log in to the bank as well as unable to perform any transaction. It impacts your business badly because it causes your bank website to crash down, failed payments, failed to load bank statements, etc.
Error 179 Quickbooks stops the bank from receiving any data and locks the website completely. It creates chaos in the business because their daily tasks include generating payments, checking the balance, making transactions, and many more. So, it is important to repair Quickbooks rebuild error 179 the moment it occurs.
Triggers Causing Quickbooks Desktop Error 179
This problematic error just doesn’t appear just like that. Many factors are to be blamed for its birth. You must explore the causes behind this error to apply the correct techniques. This not only saves your time but also hard effort. Let’s learn the reasons:
- Discrepancies in the invoices, negative values, bills, etc.
- There are some missing transactions in the software.
- Company files have errors.
- Filling invalid username and password to log in to the bank website.
- Poor internet connection also causes “Quickbooks Rebuild Error 179.”
- A virus attack also poses threat to your system which leads to several errors.
- Cache and junk files get accumulated in your system causing errors in your Internet browser.
- Corrupt company files.
- This error also pops up when you access all accounts on your account balance sheet.
- Not logging out from the old session also triggers a 179 error.
Signs That Help To Identify Error 179
This error confuses users a lot because it looks like the other QB errors. Due to this, they apply wrong solutions to it which not only wastes their time but also brings unwanted problems. To avoid that, read the symptoms to spot 179 errors easily.
- Some of your company files become damaged or get missing.
- The software starts responding sluggishly and takes a long time to accept the commands.
- When you tap on the QB icon, it starts freezing.
- Output devices such as mouse and keyboard don’t accept the commands.
- Your system starts hanging.
- Quickbooks start showing Null values.
- Windows get damaged.
Repairing Quickbooks Error 179: Proven Solutions
Fixing this error is not tough and you can fix it with the help of this technical post. But before repairing it, keep two points in your mind:
- Firstly, log out from the website of your bank.
- Make sure to create a proper internet connection as it is important to perform the repairing process efficiently.
Method 1: Remove Logins from All Browsers
To complete this process, you need to remove the multiple logins of your account. The steps are:
- From all the browsers, sign out from your bank website.
- It is important to check that no one is logged in with your credentials. In case, your friend or any user contains your bank credentials then ask them to log out immediately from your account.
- At last, fill in the username and password details of the bank in the QB software and open the website. Now you can carry out your tasks smoothly.
- If, you could not fix the issue with this method and the QuickBooks error 179 is still bothering you, then move on to the next advanced troubleshooting method.
Method 2: Deleting All Browsing History
This is an effective method to get rid of Quickbooks Error 179. In this method, you need to remove the browsing data as cache files get stored in your system over time and cause this error to occur. The steps to complete this method are:
- Firstly, open “Chrome”.
- Then, reach to “Settings” then click on “More” beside “Menu.”
- Now, you have to hit the option “More Tools” option and then tap on “Remove the Browsing Data.”
- Then, you will see multiple options where you have to select browsing data such as cache, cookies, etc.
- After marking the desired boxes, tap the cursor on “Clear Browsing Data.
Method 3: Clean Install Quickbooks
We believe that by now, the error must have been successfully resolved but if it has not, then using a clean install for Quickbooks would help you in this situation. It is an excellent way to repair various Quickbooks files. You just have to open the tool hub and perform a clean install. The steps are:
- Firstly, Download the Tool Hub (steps mentioned above already).
- After that, visit the “Installation Issues” section.
- Tap on “Clean Install Tool.”
- Now, the tool will start a scanning process and fix the file errors.
Method 4: Exporting QB Backup Key
This is another proven method that can easily tackle the nagging error you are facing. The steps are:
- Firstly, tap on “Start”.
- Now, write “Command” there in the vacant search box.
- After that press “Shift + CTRL”.
- Hit “Enter.”
- Then, you will see a dialogue black box on the screen, just click “Yes.”
- Now, inside that black box, you need to write “Regedit” followed by hitting “Enter.”
- The next step is choosing the “Error 179” key from the “Registry Editor” screen.
- Then, navigate to “Menu” and choose “Export.”
- Now, select a QB backup key from the system.
- Going further, tap on “OK” for updating the registry key.
- At last, access the “Internet Browser”, provide all details in all the necessary information then open the bank’s website.
Method 5: Disable the Antivirus Temporarily
Disabling your antivirus has a high chance of fixing Quickbooks Error 179. But the thing is that each antivirus involves a unique interface. We can’t list all steps one by one to disable the antivirus but we have mentioned the most common method for almost all antivirus software:
- Firstly, tap on the “Taskbar.”
- Now, make a right-tap on your antivirus then choose “Disable Protection.”
- Now pick a time you want to register QBs. For example 40 minutes.
- After registering the product, your antivirus will start again automatically after 40 minutes. You can also tap on the taskbar then choose “Enable protection.”
Method 6: Updating Your Financial Institution (Bank)
There are instances when Qb software faces trouble in obtaining the bank data due to mismatching files or missing data. It ultimately leads to QuickBooks error 179 and other uninvited issues like QuickBooks Error 324, QuickBooks Online Error 102, etc. Therefore, you must update your bank/financial account. Follow these instructional steps:
- Firstly, open “Tools” and choose “Online Center.”
- After that, you will come across the “Financial Institutions list”.
- Now, select your “Bank” to update.
- Then press “Ctrl + F3”.
- Going further, select “Contact Information” which is just at top of “Online Center”.
- Now, you have to choose your “Bank” for updating it then click “Refresh.”
- Under “Current Status,” sort the details of the profile and branding.
- Hit “OK” and select “Update/Send.”
- Then, provide the password only when prompted.
- After that, update your system.
- At last, you need to determine if the error is successfully fixed or not.
Method 7: Updating Windows OS with the Current Updates
In the section of reasons above, we told you that an old operating system also causes Quickbooks error 179. So, it is important to update Windows to get the latest and error-free features and fixing components.
- First of all, tap on “Start” on the desktop screen and write “Windows Update” in the search bar.
- From the Programs list, choose “System Update.”
- Now, tap on “Check for Updates.”
- If you see any latest update just tap on “Install Updates.”
- After that, restart the system once all the updates are successfully downloaded.
- Once the updates are properly installed, register QuickBooks again.
Method 8: Opening QBWin.log Using Windows
- Firstly, visit “QBWin.log” via File explorer.
- Now reach the path: C: \ Users \ THEUSER NAME \ AppData \ Local \ Intuit \ QuickBooks \ log \ XX.X \ QBWin.log.
- In the above-mentioned path, XX.X reflects the version of Quickbooks you use.
We truly hope that the helpful solutions prove to be worthy to fix the Quickbooks error 179. All the solutions are given in a sequence to prevent any unwanted situation.
However, if you encounter any complexities while performing any step then the support team of Quickbooks is always available for you at a call. Just dial their number and get the best assistance from the experts.
With this, we finally conclude this informative blog but you can write your experience and tips in the comments below to help other readers.