Quickbooks is an incredible software that is preferred by numerous entrepreneurs and professionals across the globe to perform their accounting and bookkeeping tasks. But even so, it is prone to some technical glitches and errors that can’t be denied. One such problematic issue is Quickbooks error 1712.
This nagging error usually appears when you try to install the software on the main/host/server computer. It pops up with a warning message and immediately stops you from performing your tasks on the Quickbooks.
You will also encounter this error if you install QB in a corrupt folder or your system has a damaged operating system. You must repair this nagging error before it slows down your system’s performance and damage files badly.
So, we have piled up all facts related to Quickbooks error 1712, reasons why it occurs, and guaranteed troubleshooting techniques. First things first, let’s explore the causes for the error before applying fixation methods.
Major Reasons for Error 1712 Quickbooks
Before fixing any error, you have to dig up the mistakes that gave birth to it. When you explore the root source of an issue, it becomes convenient for you to execute the correct methods. The causes behind the 1712 error are:
- Overlapped Installation: When you install a new Quickbooks version without uninstalling the old one.
- Corruption registry is also responsible for Quickbooks 2018 install error code 1712.
- Virus attack in your system.
- Installing damaged/corrupted QuickBooks in your system.
- You might have made some changes in the software within the host system.
- Presence of damaged files.
Here’s How To Identify Quickbooks Error 1712
When this error occurs, certain things happen simultaneously in your system. The signs are:
- A blue screen comes on your display.
- QuickBooks desktop freezes.
- Input or output error.
- HTTP error.
- Shutdown issues.
- An error code message appears reading – Quickbooks desktop 2017 installation error 1712.
- The system stops working appropriately.
- Improper QuickBooks installation.
- The software starts freezing.
- Output devices such as keyboard and mouse stop working properly.
Repairing Quickbooks Error 1712: Permanent Troubleshooting Techniques
The error 1712 can confuse users’ minds but with this technical post, it becomes convenient to tackle this error instantly.
Technique 1: Closing All Processes
- First of all, hold Ctrl + Delete.
- Now, a window will appear from which you have to select “Task Manager”.
- From the Task Manager window, select “Processes”.
- Now, right tap on “Quickbooks Process”.
- After that, in the task manager, you need to choose “End Process”.
- At last, reboot the system.
Technique 2: Running Quick Fix My Program via Tool Hub
Quickbooks Tool Hub is known for fixing the toughest errors in moments. You can download it easily from Intuit’s website. Let’s check out the steps:
- Firstly, close QuickBooks, if opened.
- Then, visit Intuit’s website and start downloading the Tool hub.
- Then save the file anywhere. (Preferably desktop)
- Now, open the recently downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- After that, carry out the instructional steps coming on the screen to install. Agree to all terms as well as conditions.
- Now, you have to tap twice on the newly created icon on your desktop and open the QB tool hub.
- Then, inside the Tool Hub, select “Program Problems”.
- Next, tap on “Quick Fix My Program”.
- The tool will start scanning and fixing the issue. In the end, just try to install QB again.
Technique 3: Making Use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You can download this tool from Intuit website or directly from Quickbooks tool Hub (If installed). You can check out the steps to install the tool hub in technique number 2 and carry out the next steps mentioned below:
- Open the tool hub.
- Navigate to the section of “Installation Issues”.
- In the end, just choose the option “QB Install Diagnostic Tool”. The tool will automatically scan and fix the issue on its own.
In case, you don’t have the QB tool hub installed in your system:
- First of all, visit Intuit website.
- There, start downloading “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”.
- Install it now.
- Now, close if any application is opened in the background to run the QB install diagnostic tool.
- After that, open the tool.
- Find the tab “I am having issues installing QB”
- Then, tap on “OK”.
- In the end, reboot the PC and confirm if you have made the correct changed.
Technique 4: Downloading QuickBooks Desktop Again
- Firstly visit the QuickBooks download page by typing this link on the URL- https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products.
- Now, select the option of “change”.
- Tap on the Product version.
- Then, reach out to the “Version” column and pick the desired version.
- At last, tap on the “Download” button.
Technique 5: Change the Path of Application Data in the Registry
- Firstly, tap on Start/Windows.
- In the vacant search box, type “Regedit.exe”.
- Inside the “Regedit.exe”, write- “HKEY_CURRENT_USERS Software Microsoft Windows Current Version Explorer USer Shell folders.”
- Then tap twice on “Entry AppData”.
- After doing that, swap the original value with a local path.
- At last, reopen QuickBooks and detect if Quickbooks error 1712 is successfully repaired.
You Can Also Consider, Methods To Resolve Quickbooks Error 15271
Technique 6: Adding a New User with Admin Rights
In many cases, running QuickBooks installation with admin rights has successfully helped in getting rid of the error 1712. The steps are:
- Firstly, tap on “Start”.
- Then, hit “Control Panel”.
- Next, you need to find and tap on “Users and Groups”.
- Now, choose “Add New User”.
- Select “Full Administrative Rights”.
- Then, tap “Finish”.
- In the end, try to install QuickBooks again to check if the issue persists.
To Wrap Up
We have carefully researched and analyzed all the fixation steps of Quickbooks error 1712 to help you remove this issue permanently from your system. In this informative article, we cover up important facts as well as reasons that cause this error to enhance your technical knowledge.
We hope that, after reading this post, you will fix this error on your own. However, if you find yourself stuck amid any method then you can contact Quickbooks Customer Support for further guidance. You can talk or chat with the expert team 24*7 and all days.
Also, if you want to share any thoughts or tips then write them down in the comments section below to motivate us and other readers as well.