Error 15222 QuickBooks: FIX The Payroll Error (Guide with 4 Quick Solutions)
The payroll services are one of the astonishing features provided by the Quickbooks software. Be it small scale or large scale, Quickbooks can perform the payroll services. But with all the services, there exists some error when it comes to payroll. One such error is QuickBooks error 15222. This payroll error is easy to prevail but to clear it out of the system, is a bit complex.
It could be quite frustrating when you have to witness this error. All your QuickBooks operations come to a halt. But we are here to help you. With this article, you can easily kick out this error from the software Quickbooks.
Quickbooks Error 15222: Introduction
This error falls under the 15xxx series of Quickbooks errors just like QuickBooks Error 15241, QBs Error Code 15227, etc. The error 15222 QuickBooks is because of the inability of the software QuickBooks to create a good network setup connection with the server to download the updated files. It blinks up with an error message quoting that the error 15222 exists in the system.
Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 15222
There can be various causes that aid in the existence of Quickbooks error 15222 windows 10 and QuickBooks error 15222 windows 7. These reasons are here below:
- Firstly, not using the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Your system is under virus, ransomware, malware, or other threat activity.
- Your installed antivirus or firewall is blocking the updates.
- No admin login.
- Lastly, the settings of the date and time are not correct.
Best Ways To Fix Quickbooks Error 15222
Method 1: Installing the Digital Signature
- Firstly, Open the Windows File Manager.
- Under the file manager, type in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks and hit Enter.
- Further, look out for the QBW32.exe file within the QBs folder.
- With a right-click on the file QBW32.exe, select the option named Properties.
- Below the Digital Signature section, navigate to the List of Signatures.
- Tap on Details within the Intuit Inc digital signature.
- Use the option View Certificate within the tab Digital Signature Details.
- Next, click on the option Install Certificate under the tab Certificate.
- Keep clicking on the Next button till you reach to the option Finish.
- After this process, you have to update the Quickbooks software again.
Method 2: Using Quickbooks File Doctor (QBFD)
There are two different ways for using the Quickbooks file doctor tool. You can use it from the QuickBooks tool hub or can download it separately as a software of Quickbooks file doctor (QBFD). We will discuss how you use it via the Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- The first step is to download the Quickbooks Tool Hub software from the main website of Intuit.
- After the exe file download, install it in your system.
- After opening the exe file, an installation wizard will come up.
- You need to accept the license agreement and do as per the instructions coming further on the installation wizard.
- Lastly, tap on Finish.
- Moving further, open this tool.
- Go to the tab Programs.
- Here you will see an option with a green-colored button as Run File Doctor. Click on it.
- The file doctor tool will auto-detect the errors and once detected, it will begin repairing the errors and other issues as soon as possible.
Method 3: Making The Internet Explorer as Your Default Browser
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer.
- Next, go to the option Tools and then select the option Internet.
- Further, go for the tab Programs and use the option Make Default.
- Tap on the OK button.
- At last, you need to update the Quickbooks software again.
Method 4: Changing The Firewall Settings
You just have to modify the firewall settings by adding the software Quickbooks as an exception. To do this, go as per these instructions here below..
- Firstly, open the default browser.
- Next, Choose Tools and click on the Firewall settings.
- Under the firewall settings, navigate to Exceptions.
- Now, add the following as further exceptions to the firewall.
This article is full of valuable information on QuickBooks Update Error 15222. From learning the basics to the detailed methods, you can easily become a QuickBooks pro and clear out every 15xxx series errors from your system. Our content team has put up such content bundled together from more than 15 sources. We hope you admire our efforts and will remember us anytime you face problems in the near future.