QuickBooks software is highly recommended by accounting professionals to manage business tasks. This financial accounting software is leading in the market as it manages company tasks, accurately and fastly. The user-friendly interface makes it easy for new users to understand the dashboard and utilize maximum from this multitasking accounting software. But nothing in this world is 100% perfect and so is Quickbooks. It sometimes gets infected by some issues that not only hamper the work productivity of the users but also consume time. One such nagging error is Quickbooks Error 1334.
You face this troublesome problem due to corrupt, incomplete, or broken QBs Installation files in the system or .NET framework. This error covers your screen with so many messages such as:
- Error 1334 Quickbooks: Issue writing to the name of the file. Confirm that you own appropriate access.
- Error 1334: The file fails to install. Insert QBs CD and try again.
After you get this nagging error, it blocks you from resuming your important tasks and brings more unwanted issues with it. Therefore fixing it is the first thing you should consider. What causes QuickBooks Error 1334? How to tackle it? Let’s learn all one by one.
Situations When You See QuickBooks Error 1334
- When you try to start Windows.
- During the time of turning off windows.
- While installing the software QuickBooks.
- When QuickBooks is functioning.
Symptoms to Spot Quickbooks Error 1334
Sometimes this error confuses users because it appears randomly on your screen and you are just blank. In such a case, you should remember a few symptoms to spot the error 1334 so that you could start the fixation process soon. Let’s check the signs.
- After getting error 1334 Quickbooks 2009, your computer starts freezing.
- The operating system starts performing slowly.
- The system responds sluggishly to mouse and keyboard inputs.
- Your screen starts throwing error messages.
- Quickbooks won’t open and shows other issues like error 3371.
Reasons for Quickbooks Error 1334
Quickbooks Error 1334 occurs due to various reasons. Tracking the causes helps you understand where and when the issue occurred to fix it without trouble. After exploring the causes, you can prevent this error from coming back. The factors responsible for the error 1334 are:
- Suspicious software.
- Malware or virus attack.
- Damaged/corrupt Windows registry.
- Some recent changes in the software also give birth to this error.
- Windows files are either damaged or corrupt.
- You have mistakenly removed some QuickBooks-related company files.
- Incomplete or inappropriate QuickBooks installation.
- Corrupt or pirated QuickBooks software.
- Lost/missing company files.
Quickbooks Error 1334: Troubleshooting Steps
We recommend you fix this problematic issue the moment you see it because it starts popping up more errors. This will affect your company files and system as well. Relax, this issue is repairable but for that, you have to go through this informative write-up carefully. Let’s start.
Situation 1: When the Error is Troubling you during Installing or Opening QuickBooks
- Firstly, open QBs and get access to your company file with .qbw. extension.
- Now click twice on the same company file.
Situation 2: When the Error is Troubling you during Updating or Opening QuickBooks
Here, you have to use the clean install tool to reinstall the software Quickbooks. First, you have to uninstall QB as it will also uninstall the corrupt company files. After that only you will be able to perform a clean install. Then you can reinstall the software and get all files backup and updated as well.
With a high success rate, this method will surely resolve your issue. Let’s learn the steps:
- First of all, open the site of Intuit and start downloading the file named- “QuickBooks_clean_install_tool.exe.”
- Going further, save it.
- Tap on the downloaded file to access “Exe.”
- Now carefully go through the license agreement and approve it.
- Then choose the version of the QB you are currently using and click “Continue.”
- Thereafter, hit “OK” once you get the notification “QB isn’t yet ready for a clean install, please install to its actual directory.”
Now, once you conclude the process, start renaming the folders as explained below:
- C: \ Users\ (user) \ AppData \ Local \ Intuit \ QuickBooks (year)
- C: \ Program \ Intuit \ QuickBooks (year)
- 64- version C: \ Program Files \ Intuit \ QuickBooks (year)
- C: \ Program Files \ Intuit \ QB (year)
Now you are ready to install QB easily. At last, just verify if the Quickbooks Error 1334 is still annoying you or not. If not, then directly jump to the next advanced troubleshooting techniques.
Method 1: Adding/Removing a Program
With this method, you can try Quickbooks error 1334 repair.
- Firstly, push the button “Windows” and write up “MSConfig” in the vacant search box.
- Now choose “Boot” followed by choosing “Safe Boot” and “Network”.
- Hit “OK” then choose “Restart”.
- Now permit your system to function in “Safe Mode.”
- After this, the chosen programs will start.
- Now open and run QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the option “Help.”
- Choose “Update QuickBooks”, and if any recent update is available then permit the system to run them.
- Come back to “Start”, and type up “MSConfig” in the field.
- Then untick “Safe Mode.”
- Restart the PC to allow the system to save the recent changes.
- Once the PC reboots via normal mode, just open QBs and start installing updates.
- At last, wait until the process of “Updates” gets concluded. This process must resolve QuickBooks Error 1334.
Method 2: Clean Install the Windows
The moment you conduct uninstallation and reinstallation, the process removes the data from the hard drive of the system. This step helps the system to start everything fresh.
You can remove unwanted log files and the junk data that get accumulated due to continuous usage of computers and the internet by doing a clean installation of the windows. This step is easy as well as a quick solution to the error 1334.
Method 3: Installing Ms .NET Framework
For a positive result make sure to attempt this method carefully. The steps are:
Windows 10, 8, and 8.1:
- Firstly, close all opened programs.
- Then, tap on “Start” and write up “Control Panel”.
- Open the control panel.
- Navigate to the option “Programs and Features.”
- Going further, choose “Uninstall a Program.”
- On the list, locate “.NET Framework”.
- Check the .NET Framework 4.5 after that just turn it off.
- Hit “OK” to allow the changes to get saved.
- Moving on, reboot the PC.
- At last, sign in to Windows after which you have to obey the similar steps to turn on back the .NET Framework 4.5.
You Can Also Consider, Methods To Resolve Quickbooks Error 15271
Method 4: Resolving Quickbooks Error 1334 Manually
The ending method is to try fixing this nagging issue on your own. Let’s see the steps:
- Firstly, on your system login in as “Admin”.
- Now choose “Accessories & Programs”.
- Click “System Tools”.
- Choose “Restore.”
- Your display will pop up a window, there you have to hit the tab on “Restore my PC.” Hit “Next.”
- Click “Restoration Point List”. Hit “Next.”
- On the “Verification screen”, select current system restore data. Click “Next.”
- At last, restart the system once you conclude the above steps successfully.
And you are done!
To Wrap Up
After receiving Quickbooks Error 1334, you are blocked from resuming your important tasks and it also brings more unwanted issues with it. Therefore you must apply the best troubleshooting methods mentioned here. Once you reach the end of this write-up, you will no longer be troubled by this issue anymore.
However, if you require any additional guidance then Quickbooks Customer Support is just a call away. Also, if you have more solutions to share then write them below in the comments to help other readers.