The Quickbooks errors are no more than an annoyance that most users have encountered. Some of these errors will easily get resolved while some need troubleshooting. In this guide, we are going to teach you the solutions to resolve one such Quickbooks error 1321. This error indicates that the installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file. The error appears mostly at the time when the user denies access to the company file. There can be many circumstances behind this error that may require a different solution. Keeping this in mind, we have come with this article to help you out from this annoying situation.
So, connect with us and explore the most appropriate methods for eradicating the occurrence of the error. Also, get to learn about the sources that will aid you in avoiding the error 1321 Quickbooks update in the future. Now, let’s move on and first get a glimpse of the error.
Error 1321 QuickBooks Update
Quickbooks error 1321 occurs at the time of installing a QB company file. Most times the error message tells that “The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the company file.” Furthermore, if the user clicks on the retry option then another message will pop up and all other procedures related to software installation or software update becomes failed.
Adding on, Quickbooks 2021 error 1321 can also be seen when the installer denies permission to write any certain files and the path that appears in the error message might vary as upon the installation.
So, this is the brief about Quickbooks error 1321. Now, let’s learn the sources of the error that make the error appear in the system.
Sources that Bring this Error
Get into the list below and know some of the most possible reasons for error 1321 Quickbooks update.
- If the file becomes damaged or in use then you can get the error.
- Forget to shut down the system after the last user.
- Quickbooks become blocked by antivirus or Firewall.
- If the file copy procedure is slower than the file update procedure.
- The folder containing the file is not provided efficient permission.
These all are the relevant sources that contribute to the error’s occurrence. We need to root out each of them but before doing it, let’s first try to identify the error 1321 Quickbooks.
Symptoms of Error Quickbooks Update
To dodge the error at the earliest time, we need to learn some of the following identifications. So, let’s explore them one by one.
- Getting one of the messages of the error on the system.
- Quickbooks responds slowly and sluggishly and pops up more issues such as QuickBooks Update Error 404, QuickBooks Error H505
- If the windows restrict the folder then it may lead to an error.
- The last most common symptoms could be the windows restrictions on the folder.
The user needs to be aware of all the pointers given in this segment as it will always help him in eliminating the error.
Solutions to Resolve Quickbooks Error 1321
Now that we have learned almost everything related to the error. It’s time to take a step ahead to the fixations. So, let’s start the troubleshooting with the first solution.
Solution 1: Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- In the first place, you will need to close Quickbooks and all other running applications.
- Now try to download the Quickbooks Tool Hub and save it on the desktop.
- Then, open the tool once it is downloaded successfully.
- Make a step forward and go through the on-screen guidelines to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the tool becomes installed, it will create an icon on the desktop. You only need to double-click on it.
- If somehow you become unable to access the icon then search in Windows for Quickbooks Tool Hub and choose the program.
- From the tool hub, just click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Tap on Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- You can reboot the system if the tool has successfully done the scan.
Solution 2: Make a New Window Admin User
Another method that you can try to fix the issue is to create a new Windows admin user account. For that, get into the steps given below:
- The first and foremost step for you to do is to tap on Start>Control Panel>Select User Accounts.
- Now try to choose to create a new User and name that account.
- Once done set it as an administrator.
- Try to make an account and log out from the current account. ‘
- In the last step, you can finally log in to the new account.
Solution 3: Modify the Windows Permission
Windows 7, 8, and 10: (32-bit and 63-bit version)
For 32 bit versions (Windows 7, 8, and 10):
- First of all, we need to press Windows + R button together.
- Now just enter the path to the folder containing QB program files in the open field.
- In the last, hit the enter button.
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 17.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0
- Also, C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 19.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 20.0
Pro and Premier:
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018
- Also, C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020
Point of Sale System:
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0
For the 64-bit version (Windows 7, 8, and 10)
Desktop Enterprise Solutions:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 17.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0
- Also, C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 19.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 20.0
Pro and Premier:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018
- Also, C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020
Point of Sale:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0
1. In a new window, tap on the view option and then select customize the folder.
2. Now navigate to the Security tab in the properties window and select Administrations.
3. After that, select Allow located right next to Full control.
4. Go to the Security tab now to select the System user.
5. Once done, repeat the second step.
6. Then, tap on the OK button and close the Properties window.
7. In the last, perform a Quickbooks desktop clean installation.
Solution 4: Disable Antivirus as of Now
We all know how antivirus creates havoc for Quickbooks. Through its hindrances in various activities, it invites many errors into the system. So, we will try to temporarily disable antivirus with the steps:
- The first and foremost thing for you to do is to disable the antivirus and other security software that are installed on the system.
- Now install the Quickbooks desktop or update it to the latest release.
- Consequently, enable antivirus or security software. ‘
The user should ensure to not use the DSL or cable persistent connection while disabling the software. Keep in mind to disconnect the system first from the internet before moving ahead in disabling the antivirus software. After performing all the steps, you can re-enable the antivirus software before reconnecting to the internet.
Solution 5: Update Insufficient User Privileges
Windows XP Professional
To initiate, the user first needs to view the concealed files and folders located in the operating system that easily disables the file-sharing. Then, try to view the appearing hidden files and folders, and share files on the Microsoft support website.
- Start the procedure by clicking on Windows + E keys and access the windows explorer.
- Then, move to the error message parent folder.
- Tap right on the parent folder.
- Moving on, select the properties tab from the drop-down menu.
- Now, just choose the security tab.
- In the end, opt for the administrators for the group or user names.
Windows XP Home
- First of all, you need to shut down the system and then turn it on again after some seconds.
- Tap on the F8 key when you see the windows logo.
- After that, you need to visit the safe mode with a networking icon.
- Now just press the enter button.
- Moving on, the user needs to follow the prompted instructions in the windows XP professionals. This will help in updating the user privileges.
- Later on, start the system and install the software.
- Furthermore, choose the system icon from the group or user names tab.
- In this step, select full control to allow system permission.
- Now just select the advanced icon.
- Moving on, tap on replacing permission entries on all child objects with entries here that work to child objects.
- In the end, shut down the properties window and hit the OK button.
Solution 6: Retry the Update
- The error occurs within the box where you will receive the retry option.
- You are supposed to click on the same and complete the update process.
- However, the error persists then press the ignore/cancel button and also tap on the options tab.
- In this step, you need to disable or turn off the antivirus for a temporary basis.
- Complete the process of installing the Quickbooks desktop properly.
The above troubleshooting solutions are verified by professionals. Therefore we wish that they will assist you in resolving the error. However, if you still getting any kind of further hindrance then must contact the Quickbooks customer care team. You can tell them your problems through email, chat, and calls. They work round for their customer satisfaction. So, make sure to take help from these experts and advisors. Also, don’t forget to bookmark the site for answers to other Quickbooks-related issues.