Troubleshooting Quickbooks Error 12031: Permanent Solutions
QuickBooks accounting software is packed with powerful features, modules, and tools. It has exceptional functionalities that help users handle all accounting and financial tasks of companies to save money and time. But sometimes it pops up issues like Quickbooks Error 12031 while updating the software or Payroll service.
This annoying and daunting error is mainly caused due to the network timeout or poor internet connection, leaving all Quickbooks users in trouble. If you have a problem with the internet connection then it only leads to error 12031 but also causes banking problems.
If you do not fix it immediately then it will be a challenging task to resolve it later because it will start harming your system negatively. In this informative post, we will share all details about Quickbooks Error Code 12031, its causes, and the best troubleshooting techniques. But before that let’s understand what exactly we mean by this error.
Brief Into Error 12031 Quickbooks
Error 12031 comes under the 120XX series category. You will encounter this error while updating QB, payroll, maintenance releases, accountant, and the latest features.
After meeting with this issue, your screen flashes an error code message reading: “QuickBooks Update Error: Problem- Error 12031: A network timeout that is obstructing QuickBooks from accessing the server. Solution- Check the internet connection in QuickBooks from the Help >> Internet Connection Setup menu selection”.
You can see the error code message also shows a solution but this is not enough. So, we have created an in-depth fixation solutions guide to fix this nagging error permanently. First, let’s explore the factors that trigger the error 12031.
Factors That Promote Quickbooks Update Error 12031
Multiple reasons lead to this troublesome error appearing on your screen and hamper your work productivity. Let’s learn all of them.
- Problems with Internet Connectivity
- Anti-virus software, the Firewall, or Internet security also stops the updating process in the middle.
- Network Timeout prevents the software to communicate with the server.
- Incorrect SSL Settings.
- Your default browser has issues.
Troubleshooting Error 12031 Quickbooks Update: Permanent Solutions
Now that we have successfully learned about the error and its causes in detail, the time has come to apply the correct techniques to fix it.
Solution 1: Reviewing The Settings of The Internet Explorer
Sometimes, your IE settings obstruct the software to function properly and lead to several errors. You can fix it by the following steps:
- Firstly, close QuickBooks and hold “Windows+R” for accessing the “Run” command
- Write “INETCPL.CPL” and hit “OK”.
- Now, under “Security”, tap on “Internet” and check that the security level is Medium-high.
- Going further, tap on “Connections”, choose “LAN” settings, and tick “Automatically Detect Settings”.
- Confirm that LAN’s proxy server is unticked and if it ticked then fill in the address and port.
- Hit “OK”.
- Then, tap on “Advanced”, and navigate to “Security” and confirm that “Use TLS 1.2” is chosen.
- Hit “OK”.
- At last, restart the computer. Exit QuickBooks and start the installation of the update once again.
Solution 2: Resetting QuickBooks Updates
- Firstly, open QuickBooks.
- Navigate to “Help” and then hit “Update QuickBooks Desktop”.
- After that, click “Update Now”.
- Choose “Reset Update” and hit “Get Updates”.
- Now, within few minutes your QuickBooks Desktop will be updated.
Solution 3: Running QuickBooks Updates Via Safe Mode
- Firstly, press “Windows + R” and write “MSConfig” in the Run window.
- Hit OK or Enter to access the “Windows System Configuration” screen.
- After that navigate to “Boot” and unmark “Safe Boot” from there.
- Tap on “Apply” and hit “OK” to get the changes saved.
- Then, restart the PC and it will boot via safe mode.
- After you successfully start the PC in Safe Mode, attempt to update the payroll again.
Now you need to come back to normal startup mode. The steps are:
- Hold “Windows+R” and access a Run window.
- Write “MSCONFIG” there and hit “OK”.
- Choose “Normal Startup”.
- After that hit “Apply” and “OK” respectively.
- At last, just restart the computer.
You Can Also Read, Complete Troubleshooting Guide for Quickbooks Error 77
Solution 4: Manually Installing QuickBooks Release to Fix Quickbooks Error 12031
- Firstly, close QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the “QB Download and Update page”.
- After that, choose the Country, Product, as well as Version.
- Hit “Search”.
- Tap on “Get the Latest Updates (you can see it below the download option). Remember, it will take time according to the size of your file and internet connection speed.
- After you have downloaded it, just tap on the downloaded file and click “Yes” if asked.
- At last, just obey the instructions popping on your screen to launch QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Setting The Firewall Permissions
- For this, you need to tap on “Start” and write “Firewall” in the empty search field.
- Then, click and access the “Windows Firewall”. Another way to get it searching it on the windows settings.
- After that, hit the tab on “Allow an application”. This step will make it run via your Windows firewall.
- Then, you will see a window of the settings where you need to make some changes.
- Now choose “Allow the app to run through the system’s firewall”.
- In the end, just try to work on the Quickbooks software and check if you can update it without any trouble.
This informative write-up containing 5 best troubleshooting techniques to repair QuickBooks Error 12031. These effective methods are not only time-saving but also stop the same error to come back. But make sure to follow the right approach while performing these methods to get the desired results.
On the off chance, if you find yourself stuck amid any troubleshooting method then contact the Quickbooks support team. The technical team is always ready to assist you with any QB error. You can contact them via their toll-free number, chat, or email. Just dial their number or drop your query on their email and get the best assistance from the professionals.
With this, we believe the time has come to conclude this post, if you have any questions about any subject of this article then write it down in the comments section below. We will carefully read your comment and come back with the appropriate help.