QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029: Fix The Server Problems (6 Detailed Solutions)
Whenever the software QuickBooks cannot be in connection with the host server, then you can witness the QuickBooks Error 12029. The two major reasons for this error are firewall settings & internet latency. This error falls under the domain of 12XXX series of QuickBooks errors like QuickBooks Error 12031, QuickBooks Error 12021, etc.
These types of errors are all superficial in nature & can come up anytime you are operating QuickBooks. An error window will keep on blinking from time to time saying QuickBooks Error Code 12029 exists in your system. In your favour, it is quite a basic error and just needs proper solutions to fix it. We are here for you only and with this post, we will be providing you the best solutions to terminate Error 12029 QuickBooks from the system.
Let us begin with our topic for the day and give these errors some kicking.
QuickBooks Error 12029: Reasons For Existence
To understand the reasons for its prevalence, we must know that there are two different types of factors behind this problem: External & Internal. Both these factors are listed below.
QuickBooks Update Error 12029: External Factors
- The firewall configurations & network settings are hindering the operations in Quickbooks.
- Network timeout error.
- Not proper configuration of your SSL settings.
- Using an unsupported internet browser.
- Weak network and internet connectivity setup.
Quickbooks Update Error 12029: Internal Factors
- Quickbooks can also experience connectivity failures. This indicates that Quickbooks is not able to connect with the server properly.
- Your Quickbooks Desktop application may encounter an update timeout error.
- Another internal factor is that QuickBooks cannot have access to the host server.
After knowing the basics of QuickBooks Error 12029 updating, let us start repairing them now. The solutions here below will adhere to this cause.
Quickbooks Payroll Update Error 12029: 6 Solutions To Fix
There are basically six solutions to troubleshoot this error. Just carry out the solution that suits you the best. Moreover, You must always remember to have a backup of all your files & folders to prevent any major data loss.
Solution 1: Updating QuickBooks
Working with the updated version of the software Quickbooks is important. You need to download and install the latest released version of Quickbooks if you are operating on the previous versions.
- Firstly, access the Quickbooks Desktop software & go to the Help menu.
- Next, choose the option read as Update Quickbooks.
- Further, you will now get a listwise version of all the available QuickBooks updates. You need to click on the latest version of the software with critical fixes.
- Lastly, restart the system after installing the update.
Solution 2: Modifying the Firewall Settings
- Firstly, in the search field, type up Windows Firewall and hit OK
- Now, go for the Advanced settings and access it.
- Further, tap on the option Inbound Rules and select the option New Rule.
- Tap on the Program button and then click on Next.
- Next, use the option This Program Path.
- Select the location & then click on the Next button to move ahead.
- Now, use the option Allow the Connection and again tap on Next.
- Make sure that all the check boxes are ticked.
- Tap on Next.
- To complete the process, hit the Finish button.
- Repeat this same process for changing the settings of the Inbound Rules.
- Further, you need to choose the Outbound option & not the option Inbound Rules.
Solution 3: Configuring the SSL & TLS Settings
The SSL settings must be set up properly. The valid SSL settings are important for the efficient working of the software Quickbooks. Invalid SSL configuration settings need to be avoided. To do this,
- Firstly, open the browser Internet Explorer.
- Next, go to the Internet Options.
- On the upper side pane, you need to click on the Advanced section. Modify the TLS and SSL settings as shown here below. At last, click on OK.
Solution 4: Customize the Quickbooks Payroll and Updates
As this is a payroll update error, the payroll settings customization will easily troubleshoot this error. Learn how to do it below.
- Firstly, turn off your internet.
- After a few seconds, turn on the internet again.
- Further, open the software Quickbooks & then select your company file.
- Now, use the Ctrl + K keys on your keyboard.
- A new window will appear now.
- Moving on, select the tab read as Edit from the upper pane.
- At last, uncheck the Open Payroll Setup option.
Solution 5: Updating Windows
If you are not using the latest updated Windows OS, then there can be many bugs & issues. You need to make sure that you are operating the latest released version of Windows. This will prevent all the issues & will self-troubleshoot the problems in QuickBooks.
- Within the search field, type up Windows Update and hit OK.
- In the upcoming window, go for the option named Check for Updates.
- List-wise updates will come up & you need to select the latest version compatible for your Operating System.
- The updating process will finish in a few minutes.
Solution 6: Checking The Internet Connection
For QuickBooks error 12029, network connectivity is one of the major factors. Your system needs to have a good internet connection to do the tasks efficiently in Quickbooks. Many times, your system does not have a stable and good connection setup then you will surely get this error. So, be properly connected. For checking the connectivity, read here below.
- Firstly, open the Internet Explorer and then open any website.
- When you access the internet, if you are having a weak connection then go for the Internet Explorer settings.
- Further, you also need to keep a check on the time and date settings.
- Moving on, open Internet Explorer and click on the Tools option.
- Move to the Internet Options.
- Under the Advanced tab, click on the option Rest/Restore Defaults.
- Lastly, use the Apply option & then click on the OK button.
If you are still stuck in this error, we advise you to contact your internet service provider to check the network and internet speed.
This article is a detailed guide containing each and every important piece of information related to QuickBooks Error 12029 Fix. From learning the basics to becoming a pro in resolving errors, our content will surely prove to be an asset for you. We hope you admire our hard work put up here and are no more stuck in any such QBs-related errors. For further assistance, you can contact us directly via call, chat or e-mail services.