The Quicken accounting software allows the users to link their bank details in the Quicken software to easily manage all the transactions from the Quicken software itself. However, If you have forgotten your login credentials of the Financial Institution then you might encounter the Quicken Error Ol-301-A. While if you are using the direct connection feature then you can also encounter this error due to poor Internet connection. If you are getting this error then it means that the Quicken software if unable to get a response from the financial institution while downloading the latest transactions. There can be several reasons that cause this Quicken error that includes Connectivity, Authentication, or any maintenance in the Bank Server.
This blog will help you to learn about the ways that you can use to troubleshoot the Quicken error Ol-301-A. Before leading to the troubleshooting methods let us have a look at the reasons that can cause this Quicken error.
List of Reasons that can cause Quicken error Ol-301-A
If you are getting this Quicken error, then you must learn about these causes to troubleshoot this error properly.
- Improper or Incomplete Quicken Installation can cause this error.
- Outdate Quicken software can also lead to this error.
- Any update in the Configuration in the Quicken software.
- Forgot or deleted the written account key.
- Corruption of the Windows or Quicken file due to any malware or virus.
- Server issues in the Quicken Software
Quicken Error Ol-301-a Effects
- The running program on your computer will be crashed with the Quicken error Ol-301-a Message on the screen.
- Your system will crash while running the same application every time.
- You will get the “Quicken Error OL-301-A” message on the screen.
- The computer will start processing slowly and stop responding.
- The computer will start freezing periodically.
Troubleshooting Methods for Quicken Error Ol-301-A
In order to troubleshoot this Quicken error, the first that is required is to update the Quicken accounting software to the latest release. After this, Refresh your account setting and update the profile settings to configure the Quicken account properly. However, if you are unable to update the Quicken software then you need to first delete or remove the online interent Files. Follow these steps to delete the interent files:
- Double-click on the Quicken icon from the desktop to start the accounting software.
- Click on the Tools menu and open the online center window.
- After this, select the financial institution from the drop-down list.
- Hold and press the CTRL+shift key from the keyboard and then open the Contact Info.
- Now select one account from the list that is affiliated with the financial institution.
- After completing this, click on Financial Institution branding and profile setting options.
- Now click on the refresh option and then Ok.
- Click on Update/Send and then restart the online session again.
If you have Windows 7 or 8 then you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Start option and open the control panel window.
- Locate the network and internet connection option from the list.
- Click on the Internet option and open the general tab.
- Now click on the delete option and then choose the delete all option.
- Choose the “yes” option when prompted to confirm and then click on Ok to save it.
- Press the Windows key and type control panel in the search box.
- Open the control panel window and go to the Network and internet option.
- Now open the general tab by clicking on the Internet option.
- After this click on the delete option and select delete all options from the drop-down list and click on Ok to complete the process.
An alternative way for Windows 10
If you are trying to use the above method but you are not able to find the control panel option then you can use this alternative method for windows 10 to troubleshoot the Quicken error Ol-301-a.
- Open the file explorer window by pressing the Windows key + E key together.
- Now open the C: drive and go to the properties.
- Choose the disk cleanup.
- Make sure you have unmarked everything except the temporary files.
- After the completion, delete all the files to complete the process.
So if you are getting Quicken error Ol-301-a then you can follow these steps to troubleshoot this error easily. In case, you have got Quicken Error Ol-221-A then you need to update Quicken software to fix this issue. However, you can contact experts if you are not able to resolve this error on your own.